Well. This is comforting to know. Z06 Inside.

:lol: all new designs for cars have issues…

Just because you don’t hear about all the rear subframes getting replaced on 350z’s and the fuel line issues with G35s…

why all the hate on the z06?

:lol: I guess the roof is better then the small probblem BMW had with M3s with the motor blowing up.

Because its an american car on a forum with a majority of import drivers.

i am an import driver. and i think the z06 is an awesome machine.

I’m too lazy. So there are more than one Z06 that had it’s roof blown off?

lol but that’s BMW. They’re allowed to do that.

And Honda and its self-destructing distributors.

:lol: damn thats gotta suck.

Wow, amazing Z06 hate here. Cars have defects, all makes. Friend of mine had the airbag go off in his '96 911, nearly caused a serious crash. As it was, the car was damaged pretty good.

1996 PORSCHE 911 AIR BAGS:FRONTAL
Recall Date: NOV 27, 1998
Summary: VEHICLE DESCRIPTION: PASSSENGER VEHICLES. INADVERTENT DEPLOYMENT OF THE AIR BAG CAN OCCUR.
Consequence: DEPLOYMENT OF THE AIR BAG WITHOUT WARNING COULD CAUSE A DRIVER TO LOSE VEHICLE CONTROL INCREASING THE RISK OF A VEHICLE CRASH AND PERSONAL INJURY.
Remedy: DEALERS WILL INSPECT THE AIR BAG SYSTEM AND A SPECIAL FILTER HORN RELAY WILL BE INSTALLED THAT PROTECTS THE AIR BAG UNIT FROM VOLTAGE PEAKS.
Potential Units Affected: 1968
Notes: PORSCHE CARS N.A. INC.

It’s inevitable that stuff like this will happen on a new model and doesn’t in any way decrease my desire for a Z06. Unfortunately, all my spare cash designated to be wasted on cars is going into racing this year. Also, I already don’t have enough space for the various cars/trailers/shit I have. But I am damn tempted by the Z06 in a way I haven’t been for a long time.

wow that kinda impressive, the cars so fast the dang roof flys off.

what no 85whp hondas have that recall?

blah the fucking floorboards fall out of the 2G DSM’s if you go too fast with the NOSSS

bump

GM recalls 05, 06 Corvettes

General Motors Corp. will recall more than 30,000 Corvettes after customers complained that the roof flew off while they were driving the $45,000 sports car.

Click Here - Detroit Free Press

Chevrolet
Corvette
55100002 thru

Chevrolet
Corvette
65100001 thru

Notice how many '06 models it effected? 45 of them, they must have made the changes early.

^ or possibly all part of the same batch of cars. There are already 2007 models on the road and 2006 models being manufactured.

And I thought Vette’s cost more than $45k???

yea much more … you could find a C6 for that price

I don’t know who makes the car. . . but a roof panel being “glued” on :tdown:

new cars will have there problems. it just happens. I’m sure he’ll get his car fixed or they’ll just advance him a targa top

That’s a base price w/ no options.I think loaded up you’ll hit like $75K
D

Yep…GM’s gotta fix that. Aside from that, it’s one sweet car! Although if any part of my brand new car flew off I’d be pissed! I’d be just as pissed (maybe more) if I was driving and part of someone’s roof hit my car!