Welp... we are fubar

The real question is, Can I ride this thing? Maybe even surf on it?

it said at one point in the vid it weighs like 230 lbs or something, and max payload is 340 i think…

i dunno if that means it can carry 340 on top of what it already weighs…or can carry 110 on it’s back…but either way…i’m impressed that something 230 lbs with such skinny looking legs, almost fragile looking, was able to recover the way it did, and then leap the way it did…

that is fucking amazing

:eek:

meh, I can think of a better way to spend 10 million.

well no shit, but what happens when theres nuclear warfare and the only thing we can send in to cities are things such as these? just a thought, but you catch my drift…

That is impressive.

this plus moores law…

I kind of think thats cooler…

autonomous navigation is more impressive then a stable autonomous quadreped??? wtf kind of nerd are you???

Replacement for Marshawn Lynch?

Hands down one of the most impressive things I have ever saw.

I was watching the vid thinking to myself how I would just kick it over and it would be rendered useless with it’s legs flapping, then I saw the recoveries from the kick and from the ice, OMFG…

:krazyjon:

seen*

dont any of you guys watch Futureweapons on Discovery?

No.

Was this on that show?

Amazing video, but I feel that to be real-world useful it would need to be quieter and have a hell of an energy source. Would be great to recon, search and rescue in hostile environments (chem, nuke, bio etc.) Definately, a technology with tons of potential.

i wished they were able to knock it down, i wanna see if it’s capable of picking itself back up…for example, if it were set on its back, do the legs bend upward enough so that it can tip itself back rightside up?

yes

wow, i couldn’t believe it when i watched it the first time the other day

the way the legs move are sooo life-like its scary