Went out for a car and got a car

Yeah they were in the “m” appearance package. Awesome pickup dude :tup:

:tup: awesome pick up, congrats. post some more pics!!

great car, i miss my m5. def the favorite of all bimmers i have owned.

that’s a sharp lookin car

:bigtup:

Love it

great cars, just have a fear of old bmw’s and maintenance

WTF Im jealous. I only get 20mpg highway on my E90 m3. but then again, I don’t pussy foot :stuck_out_tongue:

Congrats on the pick up

M-Parallels, IMHO one of the most classic, tasteful wheel designs of all time. They came on the 7 series and on some 5’s too.

Great car for a nice guy, enjoy it! Maintenance is NOT that bad on these, you just have to have an open mind :wink:

:tup: Looks great, Don!

nice pickup! fucking love these

Yeah I love these wheels. The only thing that scares me is VANOS problems. I looked at the price and shudder.

:tup: NICE!!!

now lets line-up and do some pulls.

If I pussy foot I might get 18 mpg and it wants a cookie for what it accomplished.

swap your rear for a 2.90 and you’ll have 35 MPG and miserable acceleration. I did the reverse and get low 20s highway now.

Apparently Beisan Systems is releasing a VANOS repair kit for the V8 models soon, if not already. If it REALLY bothers you I’m sure it would be a nice slow project you could tackle over the winter. E39 owners with the I-6 replace their Vanos seals all the time on their own.

My Vanos knocked like a diesel at hot idle, I never noticed any performance loss besides a slight dead spot off idle. My local buddy Tim’s ’00 M5 does the same thing, and that thing pulls runs like an animal. YOLO, right?

i just looked up the 0-60 times for this car and it’s pretty fast! should be an even match with my e90, which is hawt

it’s also the same size as your E90 :smiley:

This is on the all-time great cars list. It’s a pretty short list, too. This was a design benchmark for me at art school.

what do you mean about design benchmark?

E39 styling is one of my absolute all time favorites.