Went out for a drive yesterday v.pics inside

just on holiday weekends i’ll experiment

i think i’m going to go rip the PetCo woman a new asshole now though. She got my g/f so worked up last night thinking there was something wrong with him.

She told us he would definetly have ear mites and worms from living on a farm and when she looked at his belly she grimaced and said “ooo not good” and when we asked what was wrong she just said she wasn’t a veterinarian and didnt want to comment but that we should get him to a vet asap.

:wtf: looks like i’m shopping at PetSmart from now on.

2nd that lol good looks red

yea, eff that.

We shop @ petsmart, for a number of reasons - but I’ve never asked them for any medical advice. FWIW.

the stupid hoe made sure to let us know that they do puppy classes for $100/mo or she can personally come to our house for $25/hr though. :shithitfan:

Cute pup. Mine looked just like that at one point…now he is a 120lb eating and shitting machine lol.

Minus ten points for it not being a “Red Dawg” :tdown:

Plus ten for having the Sabres hat in Flyers country :tup:

I deem it so, and so it was deemed :tspry:

Cute puppy! Mine looks soo similar; only Yellow.

Great pups, I just need to get mine to stop being so bitey… she’s starting to draw blood now that’s she’s 13 weeks, and 19#s…

Good luck mine was still nippy at 1.5-2 years old!

he came in at 16lbs yesterday at his 1st vet visit. I’ve been trying to break him of the biting habit, whenever he nips me i put my finger at the back of his tongue to stimulate the gag reflex, it has been helping and he’ll get it eventually.

he seems to be grasping house training quickly too. I’ll stop him when he begins to pee in the house and run him outside quick and he’ll usually finish right away.

He hates wearing a collar though, always whines and scratches at it.

I’m going to pick up a better crate today after work, i’m using an old one i borrowed from a coworker. I’m going to start crate training him this weekend and hopefully he’ll grasp that quickly too otherwise i’ll have to pen him up in the kitchen or something when we’re not home.

Yea, Haylie has been crate trained since we got her at 8wks old. She’s good at not pooping in the house, but she will still pee probably once or twice a week in the house. Her crate on the other hand, we go through like 3 towels a day because she pees that all up.

We got her and she was 10#s, Monday the 14th she was 16.2#s; and last night she was 18.2#s. She’s a good most of the time, but she’s fighting me and the GF for dominance of the house, and winning over the GF, but I don’t stand for it.

She starts puppy day-care on Monday so we can socialize her more than we have in the last 5 weeks, just due to vaccinations, and that way she’s not in the crate every day all week. We’re also thinking that may help with the bitting as well as the other dogs/puppies should teach her.

The collars they get used too, it took Haylie a good week+ to get used to it.

Let’s of treats and training, I spend at least 30 minutes a day just working on training. She knows Sit, Shake, and Down; Fetch sometimes; and working on Sitting and not bitting when we put the leash on her, stay, bitting, and jumping…

Also for the classes; ask your Vet. One of the techs at my Vet is a certified trainer, and we’re doing classes with her; she starts May 1st.

I’ve heard a LOT of bad things of the Petsmart classes, and they’re not worth the $$.

Petco… I avoid like the plague, never had anything good with that place.

crate training should be a piece of cake, just make sure the crate is the right size for him, he should have only just enough room to walk in and turn around. You will probably go through 3 crates before he is full grown.

Your doing a good job with the house training. He will be begging for the door within a week or two. Although, until they’re like a month into it, they will always have accidents here or there.

I failed horribly at training the biting. I trained him to instead of bite, give licks. I turned him into a people licking monster lol.

edit: 97-FormulaWS6, get your dog a smaller crate and they won’t pee in it.

This was going to be the first question i asked.

Pup looks cute though

Mine’s got an adjustable wall in it and I’ve got it pretty small now, maybe I should shrink it some more… That may help with the Peeing… then it’s just the bitting…

There’s a crate at Petsmart for ~$100 that’s got an adjustable/removeable wall so you only have to buy one crate.

yea, fortunately I knew someone with a small one from when their dog was a puppy. General rule of thumb is that they should have just enough room walk in and turn around.

might be the same crate i’m going to pick up today after work, its $99
http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2753745

its the same thing with my g/f, she doesn’t want to discipline him as much as i do so he nips and jumps all over her still. Although we just got him wednesday so i’m hoping she’ll crack down on him in a few more days.

For crate training, did you just stick your pup in there and let her cry until she fell asleep? Or did you gradually get her used to it before locking her in?

does the dog sleep in your room? Best thing I found to work was to lay next to the crate until the dog falls asleep. Comfort him until he gets a little sleepy and falls asleep, then slowly and ninja-like, move away and let him sleep. He will probably wake you up in the middle of the night a bunch for 2-3 weeks, but you HAVE to be consistent.

The first couple nights, we just put her in there and went to bed… didn’t get much sleep those nights as she wined BADLY.

Now, we put her to bed about 10 every night, and she wines for a little bit, then goes to sleep; we don’t hear a peep until 7am when she knows we get up.

I have the same crate, but mine has 2 doors, one on the long side, and one on the short side.

We have her crate in the dining room downstairs.

I have the same discipline problem, I have no issues with doing it, but she’s afraid of the dog a little bit. Not a good thing. I’m hoping the obedience classes help my GF as much as the dog.

the 1st night we kept him in the bedroom on the floor because we hadn’t gotten a crate yet. But he whined and cried and the g/f ended up being awake most of the night with him. He plays for about an hour then will sleep for 2-3 hours.

then last night (2nd night) i was on doggy-duty and i tried putting him in the crate whenever he fell asleep on the floor but he would just wake up once i moved him to the crate and cry/scratch at the cage until i pulled him out. I know, bad idea cuz now he associated whining to get out of the crate. I just held him on the couch and we both fell asleep. Woke up around 2am, we were up for 45min then fell back asleep until 6am.

I’m hoping that when i get the new crate we can start fresh, and because it’s a weekend now i won’t have to worry about angry neighbors pissed off that a dog’s whining kept them awake all night.