Went out for a Jetta, came back with an M42B18

So I finally dropped the Protege after it wouldn’t pass inspection. $900 later, I came home with this…

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/media/img/projectcars/318_t352.jpg
(Not mine, i’ll put up actual pics once I get a camera and some decent lights)

1991 BMW 318is, 168K miles, 5-speed, pure stock besides the headunit and speakers, everything works

Nice! Definitely interested in the real pics, how clean is it?

The thing is almost perfect, paint is great besides some fading on the hood, interior is even better with almost no wear on the leather. I got it from an guy who had a Mini Cooper S, MG Midget, and Triumph TR4 in his garage. Hes had it for the past 9 years and included service records for all 9 years.

<3 it

Pic is not working?

one of my fav’s… nice find!

The 318is didn’t have real leather, it is leatherette (aka vinyl). It lasts forever.

Nice pickup, they are very fun cars. I miss mine from time to time.

nice

nice! looking to get another e30 myself

You bought the one off Craigslist in rochester right (pittsford I think)? Car looked good and was priced VERY well :wink:

:tup:

Haha yeah thats the one, we went and drove it the day he posted the ad, then bought it the next day for $900

Sounds like a great deal for $900. As long as you’re not a torque junkie they’re super fun cars to drive!

the E30 318is is an amazing balanced car and a lot of fun to drive. It’s really a poor man’s version of the E30 M3 and much better sports car than the 325is of similar year. (better, not faster).

S2000 (F20C) swap it if you really want fun:

look how far back that motor sits!

Haha i’m perfectly content with the M42 thats in it, after all it was the fastest I4 the E30 ever got. She’s an absolute blast to drive and the handling makes my old Protege seem like it was a freight truck

damm you :banghead: Nice score :tup:

This may be my “self serving attitude and god complex” speaking, but good pick up at a good price.

Good luck with your first real car(RWD).

im pretty sure the e30 had another I4 s14 motor that was a little better.:wink:

Haha what do ya say, water under the bridge? We were both a little pissed that day…anyways thanks man.

really? I was just goin off wikipedia which cited the M42 as the last 1.8l the 318 got, unless there was an I4 in the M3 but I thought that had the I6

the e30 m3 has a turbo four.