Went to the track today!

Thank you guys! Here is the setup:
Turbonetics 60-1 single turbo dynoed at 358 whp 358 wtq at 7.5 psi. Running on 18s Toyo tires 25 psi in the tires. I didn’t launch the car, just rolled it out and punch it. My tires break loose in 2,3 and 4. The trap is a bit low. Other people with the same setup trapped from 110 to 114.

2,3,4… sounds like we have to race from a dig to 80. :wink:

Sweet!

A 1/4 mi. track that runs wednesday!?!?! Why have I not heard of this? And where is it?

nice to see somebody holding it up for the Nissan Z’s…

cause god knows i’m not

that trap is real low for 358hp/tq… I say get some drag radials or even better… slicks.

That car should be low-mid 12’s at 114 with slicks I bet.

This is what I meant to Dr. Dos about these cars being slow… It takes $$$$ and FI to make them even relatively quick… N/A in a 350z will always be slow.

they should come with built internals so all you have to do is boost them and run like 20 psi daily. that would be hot.

can you think of a car you wouldn’t want that to be the case with

for the price paid and the hype around them compared to the ammt of power put out, I would hope they have something hidden in them like a built engine lol.

edit: not to hate on the turbo setup for them, but they really do not take all that well to turbos. Many break which is why there are not many kits available for them.

:word:

the sexyness needs some go.
I guess they hold their own as long as they aren’t racing anything fast.

Nice Times!!! Turbo Z fun!!!

X…

:tup: good to see patrick. Glad it worked out for you. Waiting to see some mid 12’s :slight_smile:

This would = a fun run on the highway.

good times, nice to see a turbo Z

man you should try droppiong those 18’s when racing at the track you’ll probably gain something just for ditching those beasts.

Yup! He asked me about it and I told him that’s NA 350Z are slow too. There are people with NA bolts on that run low 13s…like 13.3 to 13.5 . Also there are people with FI VQ35 with slick ran 11.3 with just about 11 PSI. There is the fastest 350Z with twin turbo of this racing shop that are in the 10s.

P.S anyone would like to do some friendly runs sometimes, i’m more than happy to.

I saw this car at the last dyno compitiion. Very nice car, I love the direction it is going.

Sounds like your giant 18’s are taking away some gear,plus you have traction issues.

With that kind of ET your 60’ should be in the 1.8 -1.7 range.

Good times :tup:

I don’t know about a stock 350z rearend and slicks…

For the price paid? They are actually quite inexpensive for what you are getting for overall performance.