What are your winter mod plans?

They haven’t screwed me before. I go to them for my alignments and they also do a good job of telling me what’s up. Where do you recommend I go then? I think something may be needin some fixin soon.

go see john @ park auto in clifton park. he may not be able to form complete sentences on here but as a mechanic he knows his shit. cheaper than any 1/2 assed sears tech too.

+1 for this guy

Also Dave at inline

Besides the alignment, you have a lift you should be able to check everything yourself :thumbup

15 y/o Toyota DD FTW, 15 y/o BMW DD FTL.

reading>you

My statement holds true regardless.

I don’t know how to check that stuff. :(.

I have some weird knocking happening at random times while driving. It almost seems like a strut mount or something…but I dunno. I have no clue. I wiggled the wheel side to side and up and down last time I had it on the lift (2 weeks ago) and it was pretty tight…that’s good right?

I also pushed down on all four corners of the car and I didn’t notice any difference in the cars ‘spring back’…if it bounces a lot that means the struts are bad right?

Could it be my inner tie-rod (never changed)? Or motor mounts (never changed)?

ball joints perhaps. trust me and bring it to john over some schmuck at sears.

It took HOURS for Sears in Hagerstown, MD to mount/balance 4 tires on my Corolla. Was not impressed…the car even moved around to different lifts…?

mounting and balancing 4 tires should take a skilled technician a MAXIMUM of about 45 minutes from time they are handed the keys to bring the vehicle into the shop til the time the customer is paying the bill. any longer than that and the tech isnt as “skilled” as he should be to be performing such duties.

I think it would depend if the tires are low pro, its a bitch to mount 35 series 18"s

Ilya, go see Dave & Bob at Inline.

Should I make a separate thread?

Ball joints, tie rod ends (outer), lower control arms and related bushings where all replaced using a reputable EBay seller (pages of good things about said seller on Maxima forum) 36k ago. Am I at the point where I gotta change em again? This is the only car I’ve ever really maintained, so I dunno how long some things last.

I do know that after doing the work 36k ago, whenever I went up an incline (like a driveway) with the wheel fully turned either way, I’d get this LOUD creek/pop noise.

I’m on my 215/55/16 winters tires now. I don’t think I heard these noises when I was on my 18’s. I noticed the noises right after I put my 16’s on.

i had 235/40/17’s and 225/45/18’s put on tires by techs at shops ive worked at and they were done in a half hour tops… just have to know what ur doing and tricks to get it done without scratching the rims.

Rip all that old shit out, replace with nice new OEM pieces. it’s maintenance, youve gotta do that anyway.

bring it to johns shop and have him check it out.

sounds like strut mounts, had a creek in my car when i took of my 15’s and ut on my aristos and on a turn i’d get a little creek or pop. it was the strut mount. on my mk2 i had a bang/loud pop if i was tyrning sharp and up a hill. i don’t know what that was but i just sold the car. prolly a bawljoint.

shady seller^ buyer beware.

nope, i told him about the noise, i said it was prolly a balljoint or tie rod.

Yeah then the guy died because he crashed when the whole front control arm fell off while he was putting down I-87 South by Kingston.