What did you do to your car today?

New lines to be bent and then the rails will go in…

Put the trans back up with the ACT 6 puck setup and resurfaced flywheel…

Dumbfuck from advanced auto ordered me a pack of 5 pilot bushings instead of just one so now I have extras… and he ordered me the wrong seal it was supposed to be a tailshaft seal for a 71C manual transmission and not the POS auto which it appears to be for…

Then I needs to get this bitch ready for a race that 2 people have 100 bucks on…

No bullshit some kid I’ve kown for a long time thinks he can spank me in a grand prix… and he said hed put 100 bucks on it along with another little guatamalin i know… should be very interesting to say the least :rofl:rofl

thats gonna be interesting ,and i have the same shitty luck with advanced i went thru 4 wrong converters and finally said fuck it and threw in the 2500 stall i had laying around, but ya good luck buddy get that shit done

Going to NAPA… at least the one guy there knows wtf hes talking about… has meausrements for the part and will compare to old one

Seriously this kid on the altamont ave one is a fuckin retard and I will not hesitate to wait for someone else to be availible before I go to him for anything other than off the shelf shit im buying…

lol ya the dude robin on the old wolf road napa is mad knowledgeable

Ahh I go to the one by my house off guilderland ave

Jim, that looks great! did you do the lines by yourself?
I have some metal lines like that under my engine covers and i think theyre TITS! I love the look of lines like that. if i could id replace all my lines big or small with stuff like this.
also, tell me this- do they have to be equal length or just whatever fits the space?

word

I bent them myself, I hate the way it looks, which is why I got the rail kit. The length of the lines being different effects the first thousanth of a second, if that. 1000psi comes out fast enough to never notice it. The lines for the raps will be equal length with identical bends, simply for asthetics.

I have a nice line bender if you need to borrow it (I doubt it). That set-up will look sweet!

i see, because i was wondering if it has any impact on the engine if two cylinders get nitrous before and two get it after. do you need to wrap the lines in any kind of insulating material at all?

I’ve got a few of them, thanks though.

It is expelled so fast that an extra inch wont make a difference. The lines don’t need insulation. Liquid Nitrous is so cold when it is being expelled into the atmosphere that it would give you instant frostbite if you put your hand in front of it.

inhailing from the purge valve probably isnt a good idea then? :wierd

Car Nitrous oxide has an additive that causes your lungs to reject it, so people don’t huff the bottles all day long.

duck call on purge valve! STAT!

installed starter, shift bushings, and finished axle install. all gears go in, a little adjustment needed still as reverse and 6th are tough to find. but all feels solid. now im just praying the tranny doesnt grind

Just did some minor maintenance like cleaning/oiling the air filter and cleaning out corroded connections.

Removed the battery tray and misc brackets in the engine bay what were spot welded on. Blair spotweld cutter and air chisel FTW

Engine should be ready to go in tomorrow! :smiley:

looked at it as if i were about to clean it, then decided not to

got it appraised