What Did You Get...

… for the people you care about? Usually right after Christmas I see threads on what people received. I think that sounds greedy to list stuff you got, so instead - what good gifts did you GIVE?

My sister and I pitched in and got my Mom a new computer. Until earlier this year she never touched the computer. I had an old hand-me-down setup in the kitchen for anyone to use for years. She finally started getting on to check lottery numbers, and play a game or two. The last few months she has been buying stuff online, has an email address she checks regularly and basically moved into this decade. So we got her brand new one with a few bells and whistles. She went from a P3 800Mhz 256mb RAM with a 15" CRT to a dual core 2Ghz with 2gb of RAM and 19" LCD. Quite a step up.

Sort of to go along with this I got my Dad a new color laser printer. We all hate ink jets but it was the only way we could print color (unless I printed it at work). We also had an old hand-me-down B&W laser printer but even with a new toner and paper rollers it sucked. It jammed a lot and squeeked. So this was an awesome gift for everyone and especially my Dad who hated the old printers with a passion. I also got him a copy of MS Office using my student discount.

For my sister I made up some of my own gift certificates. They are used to make me babysit her kids for the evening. I made her a few of these last year and were obviously her favorite gift. To accompany these I got some regular gift certificates to a few restaurants and movie theatres. It gives her a few nights without the kids so that they can do whatever. I like these types of gifts where it doesn’t cost much but is still very valuable. I also got her some video camera accessories because I know my Mom got her a new camcorder.

For my Grandparents we got them a digital photo frame. I also had all of my family send me pictures to put on the memory card. I scanned in a bunch of old ones we had as well. I think this will be a big hit when we finally give it to them.

I gave my nephews some Cars (the movie) characters and a stack of DVDs. They would be happy with anything, and were most interested in the giant box that was laying around from a recliner my Dad got.

Finally, for my girlfriend I got some really nice silk pajamas. She refused to tell me what she wanted so I had to make the choice. I got her a few gift certificates too. I also made her a ‘Cuddle Card’, which is basically a gift certificate to cuddle up with her. To accompany that was a ‘Pleasure Pass’. You can figure that one out I’m sure . I also threw in a few joke gifts to keep my charade intact. Over the past few weeks i would always ask where I could buy totally off the wall things. Most of the time I’d ask my Mom when Amy wasn’t around, but made sure she could over hear me. A few times I asked her directly for unusual things like a bicycle bell, a plastic bin, shoe laces, paint mixers, etc. It’s odd to unwrap 5 paint mixers on Christmas, haha! I think she was hoping for a ring though…

Now post up yours!!

Gift Cards for Texas Road House for Brian, my mom & dad

Starbucks Gift Card For my Grandma

Bought my mom a Polamalu jersey, dad got cash.

Girlfriend got a saddle pad for her horse, some other small stuff, DVD burner for computer.

jodie: I made her a hard bound photo album from our vacation this summer. I got her some other things that she would want but never buy for herself

parents and brothers: They each got customized digital picture frames.

niece and nephew: I gave the gift of time. They get a night out with their uncle. We go out to dinner and then to a pens game.

gift cards, gift cards for everyone

Dom got a new wedding ring (we’ve been married three months and he already destroyed the first one), a flash drive thingie, a Steelers tie (he sort of got a promotion at work and will have to wear ties now) and some candy in his stocking.

I bought a digital camera for my mom, she broke her old one.

Stepdad got a motorcycle lift.

Sister got a shot glass checkers set.

I got a film camera for my dad, he brought his ancient polaroid camera to my wedding. I don’t think he could operate a digital camera though lol.

Mom in law got a digital picture frame and this cute little snowman thingie to go on her desk at work. She has a weird obsession with snowmen…They are up year round at their house.

Dad in law got a few Pens shirts.

Sis in law got a photo printer.

Uncle got a mechanics seat on wheels.

Aunt in law got a gift certificate for Petsmart, she just got a new puppy.

I bought a nice picture collage frame for my nana, it has big block letters that spell out “memories”. I filled it with a bunch of old pictures of her with my sister and I, one of her and my pap from 1971(he passed away a few years ago), my sister and I getting a ride on my dads back when we were little, one of her holding me as a newborn, and then one picture with her, me, dom, my dad and sister at my wedding. I thought it was nice how it went from newborn to kids to adults. My nana has Alzheimer’s and she doesn’t usually remember new memories, but always remembers things from a long time ago so I think she will really enjoy seeing all the pictures.

Mom - Macys Gift Card
Dad - Visa Gift Card
Bro - some clothes because he always steals my shit!
Shaana - 1/2 carot certified platinum diamond earrings, Tiffanys charm necklace, Victoria Secret PJ’s and other goodies from there :slight_smile: , Bath n Body shit, etc…

She definatly got the best gifts out of all of us!! Although it was worth every penny to see the smile on her face when she opened her gifts, especially the earrings, which she totally loves! So it worked out.

Gift cards for everyone

Mom - Wii console, controllers, 3 games
Dad - 4gb (2x2) Ram for his laptop, Renewed his XM subscription
Lizzy / Wife - 4gb Ipod, Custom slideshow of pictures of us made into a movie I put on there, bunch of songs. Medical Dictionary, Boardgames she wanted (Cranium etc), VS Pjs
3 Aunts - Yankee Candle gift baskets
3 Uncles - Gas cards

Dad: New lights and light fixtures for his garage, and a new Craftsman socket set.

Mom: Little kitchen odds and ends, and an 80gb Ipod.

Girlfriend: Diamond promise ring and Victoria’s Secret gift card.

Mom got her bath wash she likes from some name i canot pronounce as well as a bird feeder, throw rug and misc stuff.

Dad got a 24 can folding cooler thast mossy oak, gander mountain gift card, bottle of JB and a JEEP knife set.

Girlfriend got diamond earings and me

I got the best thing of all…the first words of “I Love You”

Papers for a house to sign.

got the woahman an expensive ass set of earrings to match another pair of earrings, her necklace, and engagement ring that i gave to her in the past, 3rd season of LOST, scratch off tickets (won 22 bucks) and gift cards to get some clothes
got my daughter a kitchen thing that took 2 1/2 hours to put together and a buttload of toys and clothes.
i got my dad a roll around craftsman toolbox.
got my mom a wheelbearing/hub, and pads/rotors for her van, haha.
i just bought myself an innovate LM-1 wideband as a post xmas gift. best gift i bought by far.

I bought marge a house :embarassd well not really, that was our gift to each other.

I still might get her the GPS she wants afterwards, thats if we ever fucking close.

Everything else she posted above we pretty much split.

Got the wife some 3 stone diamond earrings and a diamond ring for her right hand. Also got her some victorias secret stuff, stuff for her car, cds, clothes, bath and body works lotions, and some other misc. stuff.

You win.

gf got a dick in a box.

thats the only gift I gave.

ur so kewl

yup. you’re gay

:rofl: