what do you like about cars?

Some people are caught up with ET being the end all when talking about cars even if it means losing daily drivability and ripping everything out of it. I like having a nice looking car that has leather, air, and the comforts that I can just jump in and go to a movie or take a road trip in that is still relatively quick. What are your thoughts?

i want a car that is the best of booth worlds…hence the ls1

I dont really care,

If im in the mood to go quickly, I downshift :eek:
other than that i like seeing how far stock parts can withstand the abuse :rofl:

light, nimble, good on gas, manual tranny, preferably FWD, small (no bigger than my prizm)… the less luxury the better. i can deal with stock horsepower as long as the suspension + tires are so good that i rarely use my brakes.

same as roland… i’d like to add a cam… something like a TR 224/224 114LSA and at most drag radials. its a summer only car now, but i still wanna take it out for a cruise and not struggle to get around on the street with it.

Best of both worlds would be a M3 or GS400, luxury + performance. LS1 is semi-comfortable + power.

i like having a nice layed out interior… and I like cars that come out of europe

big roomee trucks with leather heated seats & all the other goodee’s!!!

a truck for my DD (right now i have a ZR2). but as for my car, i just buy what looks cool, and is a good performer in stock form. i always liked vettes and F-Bodys. i bought my LT1 because at the time i couldnt afford a ZR1 and i really like the c4 body style. now that i have alittle bit of cash, i’m buying the z06 based on looks and stock performance. i’ll probably keep it close to stock, as i want to keep it for awhile and keep it nice. i plan on using to race every once in a while (auto-x, and 1/4 mi, i’d like to try road race too) but mostly just to have fun driving it. if i could have another car, i’d like to build-up a Gen1 camaro or maybe have a LT1/Ls1 SS, since i always liked the way those cars looked.

i want something safe for my kids and bigger than my altima so long trips aren’t so cramped.

I haven’t decided what to get next - either a Subaru forester 2.5xt, new nissan Altima, or as a last resort a ford exploder sport trac. the first two are pretty quick and can haul a good amout of shit around and have all the comforts that I need.

And I have to have my old beat up truck with tons of rust, I love that truck more than anything I have ever owned.

I like a clean car, no bright color, firm leather seats are good, a car that handles good in the twisties and can get up and go when needed, a safe solid car that looks good and is fun to drive (manual) with room for 2/3 people and some luggage. Not a loud stereo but a sharp clean system that doenst distort when you turn it up. Sunroof is good for summer nights and day cruising. Agree with black ws6 that an M3 would probly be my car of choice once I make enough money to afford one, even a 4 dr. M3 Id be happy with.

My only requirements are a manual transmission and not too big… unlike the turbo-diesel truck Mike wants to buy.

No I’m deffinatly getting the 2500HD now with whatever the biggest V8 I can throw in. 24 more months unless Everything goes smothly and we get the other cars paid off.

Anyways I like all types of vehicles and different things about them. But I agree with Roland, I sort of need a car that is able to be driven daily. If I wanted a 9 sec car the thing would be a striped down rolling chasis that would have to be trailored. I;m not ready to do that currently in my life.

That will happen after I get the 2500HD and then I can start looking for a “Real” car to build up. :smiley:

i like having the availibility of two. one for anything you want that doesnt need to be depended on. hence the ford. and something that turns heads and is somewhat luxury to daily drive and get around n. the reason im looking at CL’s and TL’s

cl’s and tl’s turn heads? They are VERY nice cars, but not head turners. :nono:

Porsche 911’s, Z06’s, M5’s, Ferrari’s…those are head turners.

they do enough for ppl to look at. they are nice luixorious cars for the price, and perform decently also

ive always bought the cars nobody else liked… make slow cars fast…

car can t be to big… prefer rwd turbo but i got fwd turbo… i figure if im going to break it might as well be something i can cheaply replace… parts wise hence 89 turbo six…

as for comfort and towing… i bought the zr2 due to it looks offroadish from the factory… interior comfee… 31’s… quiet exhaust… a/c all the stuff my beater toy car don t have anymore…

id like a G body or a impy SS decent luxury comfortable seats and decent quality ride dont need a super fast or super handeling car to cruise ! the f body is what i wanted at the time v8 rwd and t tops !

I like mutiples. The Taurus for work,the Grand Am for trips,the T/A for fun and the old K10 for offroad fun. But I perfer my T/A over all.

something that doesn’t get old or lose its luster - its gotta be a timeless design (the classic 911 style is an example)