What do you need to run a bike at LVD?

Friend of mine is thinking about it with his FZ1. What does LVD look for as far as safety equipment?

Leather gloves, leather jacket and DOT/Snell M2000 or newer helmet. Must have boots that are at least ankle high.

If you trap over 135 you need leather pants as well, and a kill switch.

Ok Thanks

so the kill switch tether is only needed for people who trap over 135?

The tether is a weird rule, I don’t have the email from the track about the rules but it stated something along the lines of if you have a modified street bike you MUST have a kill switch, but if its stock and has a tip over sensor (most new bikes do) then you don’t. I would contact the track if your not sure if you need one though.

They have yelled at me and I didn’t go 135 (only 133 :lol), I thought it was 120 or 130?

hmmm i wonder what a honda RC51 with trap

123-128 is the range I’ve seen

ok so probally like 115 or lower with someone thats never been on the strip

leather gloves are a no go…this year you need kevlar…at least thats what the guy told me on the 14th…tether is a superb idea seeing as how the techs can be anal bugs about modifications…also he told me snell was a no go it had to be dot…weds nights you could def get away with everything i posted but saturdays forget it…the guy is very picky

id like to get a bunch guys from here together on like a saturday with there bikes if anybody else is game for that

if the weather looks good theres always guys from ct racing their bikes…theres prolly 15 bikes on a good sat…theres always someone there to play with thats about your time…ive seen 600’s 750’s 1000’s and 1300’s, turbo busa’s…harleys rockets

Don’t get it.

So you are saying a helmet that is both DOT and SNELL certified is not allowed?

:facepalm

you’ll be fine with leather gloves, leather jacket, and boots your first time

I’ve ran multiple times with just those, and my friend with an RC51 did the same last night, no problems.

I.run leather gloves only any day of week no issues…

The she’ll.and dot approved thing is they want u to have a streetbike helmet not a she’ll approved motocross helmet…and streetbike helmet will be she’ll and dot…

If u run over 120 u need pants over 135 they want u to have a lisence…nhra one

Im guessing its spelling correct on your phone? lol

:Idiots:shifty
if you look closely there was a dash in between the dot/snell which means either of the two which is wrong b/c it has to be dot and not just snell…

Thanks captain obvious thats what I meant with the slash if I meant or I would of wrote or…and FYI it needs to be dot and snell rated that is directly from an email from the track that I recieved about the rules.

And Greg the tech inspector told me 9.99 for NHRA license he never mentioned a speed.

They don’t cause most wont hit 135