Anyone take the bike to the dragstrip?

Ok. Here’s the deal. Have done track days with the old bike. Love it. Have taken this bike to the Flashlight drags and also loved that. But now not being able to race the bike at the flashlights where/when can I take the bike to a real strip? I’m just looking for another option on top of trackdays because we all know…Twisties>ALL.

they run bikes for TNT @ PRP

x2, I think the only requirement is if you break 11 they will require full leathers and a kill switch. I BELIEVE, not totally sure. I got so many different answers from workers, and people who ran up there. I just said fuck it and never ran my old ZX-12 up there due to not getting a strait answer.

on tnt they usually just want boots above the ankle. leather jacket and full face helmet. but in actuallity i believe that the requirement is full leathers under 11 like mike said.

You are both partially correct. If you have a cruiser style bike, they want a leather coat, above ankle boots, & full face helmet (no kill switch needed). If a crotch rocket style bike, they want full leathers/ kill switch, full face helmet, boots, etc., if faster than 10.99, slower bikes do not need a kill switch, but they would like all sport riders to have full leathers, if possible.

They realize that most sport bikes can have a kill switch, but most cruisers never will have a kill switch.

I ran a few times a few years back & had a good time. It really was different from launching on the street. Typically, on the street, the front end never comes up on my VTX, however it’ll pull the front end up about 6-8" with good traction at the track.

It is best to go on a cool day or evening, so you don’t overheat from the leather(s)/full face. I’d like to run my bike sometime soon, as I have made some mods & don’t know how much better it really runs. I mainly rely on my butt dyno.

I ran most of my sport bikes at PRP before. The times that ive went they werent real strict with the rules. I was running mid 10’s and trapping 135+ on my R1 with a full face helmet, a textile padded jacket, gloves and Doc Martin’s and no one ever said anything to me. They asked me if I had a kill switch on the way in a few times, I told them I didnt have one and rode over and hour to get here and they let me pass, just told me to get one before I come again. One thing they do frown on is when you ride stand-ups 3/4 of the way down the track :slight_smile: .

I run at PRP. No full leathers here. Time in sig.