What do you think (scam?)

Sorry for the long read here but this rolled off of our fax yesterday…we always get weird things like this. Some are scams and some are legit.

I and the majority of the people here think scam, so I threw it out. But some…not naming any names here…are complaining that we are missing out on a $2,300-$3,000 sale. whoopty doo.

anyway heres the fax…

I think SCAM, but others think otherwise.

So…someone from here sent an e-mail to him from his own computer requesting more info, here is his reply…

As soon as I saw NIGERIA I wanted to flip out! I have heard all of these before…but this is a new one!

I want to mess with this guy a little bit…can he do any damge from just an E-mail adress?

I’d walk away.

yea…but also as long as the credit card clears before u ship who cares

Tell him you will only accept a Western Union money order because you have been ripped off by someone from Nigeria before with an email very similar to this one.

1. it’s a scam
  2. you didn’t remove his name from everywhere

I get fax scams from Nigeria on a regular basis.

CHARGE HIM AND SEND HIM AN EMPTY BOX!!!:lol:

1)its most likely a stolen credit card
2) at some point in time he will pull the "extra $3000 that we antyo to forward to such and such guy
3) after all is said and done, the owner of the CC will report the fraud, and your out all the money

i agree with HRK, ur gonna be screwed when that card is declared stolen

Thank you :tup:

That is my freinds argument.

That is a good way to mess with him!

:word: Do it up, Joseph… Who would want such crappy plugs anyway? :wink:

lol…I hate you

scam

find a list of countries that are commons spots for credit/other scams because of their laws, etc. for example someone in indonesia wanted to buy my car, but i know they are way big on credit card fraud. and i think we should all know what some people in nigeria are capable of.

Nope… they’ll do a chargeback… if the card is stolen and the billing / shipping address are not verified, then joo get screwed.

i only get about 10 of those a day via e-mail. i also get these:

Dear Sir/Madam,

STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL JOINT VENTURE PARTNERSHIP

I am making this venture proposal to you, as a reliable partner. I got your contact from your country business guide as a reliable person/company in a related area of my interest for investment.

The money I want to invest was acquired from the late Nigeria President(General Sanni Abacha) vault account then I was his financial adviser. I have successfully moved this money through a security finance company to United kingdom.

The amount involved is US$35million Presently, I work for the Nigerian Government as a civil servant.

If you will like to assist me as a partner then indicate your interest after which we shall both discuss on the modalities. All other information relative to the presence of the funds will be revealed to you as we progress on.

I will like my proposal to be kept confidential and you can reach me urgently on my confidential and personal e-mail address:usman_musa1@walla.com

Please indicate your telephone and fax number.

Bye and God Bless,

Dr Usman Musa

The inlaws get these too, mostly through e-mails asking for like 300 processes at once.