What Engine for Muscle car

I thought this forum was in need of a new thread so I wanted to get some opinions on a topic. Lets say you have a old muscle car like a 70 Chevelle, 69 Camaro, or a 70 Mustang. It needs to b e restored and the engine in it is shot or there simply is no engine. Would you get an old school V-8 to put in it and have it built or get a newer fuel injected V-8 and have it built? Both have their strong points. I can’t decide what I would so if I was given the opportunity. I kinda like the idea of a newer engine in a muscle car mostly b/c it will make it somewhat unique. So I guess my vote goes to New engine allthough I think older v-8 kick your face. Which rout would any of you guys go and what would you like to get(realistic)?

i have a 305 i’ll sell you. it has way to much power and keeps busting my trannys up. :rolleyes:

i have a 70 Chevelle SS that i have owned since 1990 and some day when i get time and i am going Big Block Chevy EFI Turbo. a mix of old and new

Sweet…That is one of my favorite cars. I would love to see it when it is all done.

its a real SS 454 LS5 390 HP car some guys would be sick to bust up a all orignal car . i am doing it !

I would never change a car like that up…that engine is one of the best of all time. I am talking about one that had a base motor in it and you wanted to put something better in it. would you go old school or new school?

if i could find a nice 64 1/2 to 66 coupe, 67 or 68 fast back i would drop either built 5 litre block or a SC DOHC 4.6. car would be old shell new technology including suspension and etc

Big Block Chevy. When you build horsepower Torque is Free!!
Big cube with EFI would be cool. Wanted to try 496 out of a new chevy truck with its fuel injection setup retrofitted into a chevelle would be cool.

:boink:

something like…old school look…new school technology

like a 68 camaro with a 427 LS1

i like the idea of new engine just to be different. if i could make a car up it’d be either a 1st Gen camaro like justin said, or an early C3 w/ modern LS6. as far as older cars, for me nothing looks cooler than 1st gen F-body (especially camaro) and flat-window C3s. and i love the LS1 and LS6 engines of current cars, so that would be a cool project i wish i could do.

fuck old cars I have a chevelle , parts are getting harder and harder to get and the prices are outrageous, thats why I bought a 4th gen f-body. new > old with current technology.

The LS-6 was the big one. LS-5 was nothing special. Cut away

I have that motor in my truck. Too much torque for a project like this. And it really depends on what you would wanna do with the car. Drive it? Race it? both? If your gonna drive it alot then i would do something along the lines of a fuel injected small block. Racing it go with a big block.

GM sold more LS6 cars than the LS5 cars but i would say the LS5 car will still not be worth what a LS6 is

LS5- 454-360 hp- 4,298
LS6- 454-450 hp- 4,475

Lt-1

old or new(LT1)? :finger: :tool:

dz302>

LT5 or LS2 :burnout:

LT5…but i wouldnt want an LT5, i dont think. parts and service on that engine is $$$$, plus most places wont even work on it. also, the low mileage ones commonly have problems w/ the secondaries gumming up from sitting and it costs alot to fix. so when u factor in practicality, then LS2.