New cars VS old

Visual comparison of how bloated cars are becoming.

Even against it’s own kind.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_8MPCKJQzPA8/R40w7W9IdAI/AAAAAAAAGds/xmY3TVegC0M/s320/r35r34.jpg

That’s why I will forever be a believe in lighter is better, no matter what power or times the new GTR puts down it will never have the nible feel of a light car light NSX or R32.

Numbers don’t buy grace.

Discuss.

No, but they buy proven records.

Agree 100%, it’s fucking ridiculous. I’ll stick with a lighter, unsafer car please

Though’d you’d be one of the guys all for the Godzilla or the new type of cars.

I’d personally rather have an E30 M3 rather than E46 or even E92 M3 without caring for numbers, I know I’d have more fun with the E30 having the 325 a while back and I would actually be able to own it and repair it myself.

The fact that R35 Skyline doesn’t come with a gear shift manual transmission alone kills it for me not to mention issues with long term ownership such as the launch control scandal they fixed, costs of repairs, OBD2 and overall weight and dimensions of the car.

If I want track records I’d buy a damn Radical or a similar track dedicated toy

If I want creature comforts I’d get an M5, if you try to make one car do it all, you’re just shooting yourself in the foot as a do it all car can’t be particularly great at everything.

Exactly, if the government is mandating that all new cars must be safe and meet all the safety standards by adding reinforcements and 20 air bags, I’m just going to say no thanks and stick to older models and my bikes.

Heart the 1g NSX, but I am a Honda fanboi. Nissan is an awesome car none the less, but yes I heart smaller/lighter cars too.

Easy there, the e30 just looks like crap, I’ll take an e36 over an e30 any day.

Going to have to agree with this.

Yea, it doesn’t come with a gear shift but the tranny is pretty much epic. And before you bring in the broken tranny debate, it’s blown out of proportion.

I will agree that a lighter car, with a solid motor can be much more fun than a pig with a lot of HP.

The 03+ NSX is an awesome car, but $60-70k awesome for 300hp? Yea, no.

How can you say that the e30 looks like crap:

(I do have to say, I personally prefer the look of the e36 versus the e30 myself)

But - case in point, an e30 is def smaller than an e36.

I’d love an Alpine White E30 M3 with an S54.

Oh price wise, NSX is a disaster, not going to argue there :lol

I understand that the double clutch and all the electronics can and do make the car faster, just like the Ferrari 458, however it’s heading in the wrong direction by trying compensate for the weight with electronic gizmos. A light basic car can put down staggering numbers without having to have bazillion HP, ABS, stability and dual clutch SMG tranny just like Atom showed when it first came out.

And no love for E30 M3? Really?

I am disapoint.

Unfortunately, the standard manual tranny is an endangered species nearing extinction.

The difference between the sizes of the E30/E36/E46 are very small actually. The biggest differences are really only a couple of inches between the years, but a few hundred pounds each generation. The biggest change is with the newest model for sure. I love my E46 M3, but I fell in love with the E30 M3 a loooong time ago before i Knew what it was, lol!

Oh it’s essentially dead as far as the industry is concerned.

95% of population doesn’t want it in a new car.

Performance gearheads and super car manufacturers don’t want it because it’s slower and hurts their figures such as 0-60 and track times, not to mention many geezers that buy those cars don’t want a standard manual either.

Speaking of gearheads - Jay when did you get an E46 M3?

Bikes really seem to be the last frontier for the typical manual, however it’s not the same to begin with as it’s a sequential tranny and with the up and coming electric bikes that might go away as well.

Sad but true. Atleast you can leave your stick in downtown Albany and know it wont go far :lol

Yeah troof about the death of the manual transmission…

I know I don’t want a manual trans in my daily, but for my toys, I’d almost prefer a manual transmission. However, the advancements in the Semi manual transmissions are phenomenal because they just simply outpace anything that we could do.

Lol, yeah, I picked up the M3 almost 2 yrs ago. Nice little car for the $$.

The E30 m3 is the best looking one of them all. The regular e30s are garbage to look at though.

and fuck auto or semi/auto transmissions.

you all shut your whore mouths

btw, the 1 series is pretty much exactly the same size as an e30, new 3 series are way too fucking big

I was just mainly talking about e30’s not M cars. However the e30 M3 doesnt really do it for me either…

I dont have any desire to explain why, I just post that and wait for Benny to come in and talk shit about e30’s.

Its cool, I own one of the ugliest cars made to date. '86 300ZX :rofl Wait I thought we were talking about NSXs?