Old muscle cars vs new ones

personally i like the look of the old ones better

so in my opinion this > this

discuss

new one,

old muscle cars look better, and some of them are faster.

but new cars are better in every other measurable way: reliability, fuel economy, handling, build quality, et cetera…

Having said that, I wouldn’t buy either…

it depends on what you are gonna use them for too… id pesronally collect rather than use as a daily driver…

i’d rather have one of these:

its hard to say. like for examplee, f-bodies. i like the 1st and last generations best. dont know which i like better. i love them both. for a pure, show car/ cruiser… i’ll take the 1st gen. for performance driving / more of a do-it-all car, i’ll take the 4thgen

old is better. The newest mustang is very nicely styled but i’m sick of plasticized cars from the interior to the outside. I miss chrome and i hate ergonomically designed cockpits. As far as F-body i love 3rd gen camaro convertibles.

old>new

i know the new cars are faster, handle better, get more MPG, etc… I can’t put it into words, but there is just something about driving old cars that is more fun than new ones. :dunno:

new > old

are those the 80s ones?

the woman who housesits Amanda’s house when we’re on vacation has a black IROC convertible with hood louvres and shit.

yes, either black or white with red leather interior

well said

i know where a shell of one of those sites!!! the body seems to be in good shape!!!

and i totally agree with smokey!!!

don’t tempt me.

i will…its very nice…i drove by it today!!! its in good shape for sitting outside

i agree with 77rednecktruck i like the old muscle better its just something about a 69 camaro a 71 cuda or an original shelby cobra that makes my head turn i think cars today have too much paint there needs to be more chrome to make them stand out in the parking lot everything just blends together

Maybe because I grew up pretty much with the fourth gen I’m partial to the fourth gen F-bodies. This said Nothing beats the looks of the late 2nd gen IMO, or just the just sheer impression for the lack of a better word when a clean one rolls by.

i see it like this… you pull up in a boss 429 EVERYONE usually comes up to look at it… listen to it run etc… you get a new cobra mustang its just another one… and youve seen a bunch by now…

no. there are crowds for every car…

I’d go to an 03 Cobra before i would a boss 429

you need to sell y our mustang then… cause your not worthy