What is it worth?

Hey all, I’m new to this board, so if this isn’t posted in the correct section, please excuse me.

Anyway, last week I bought a 1990 5spd 240SX.
I’m trying to decide if I should keep it, or sell it.
I bought it “as is”, and had a look at it last night. It’s in much better condition than I thought.
I would sell certified and e-tested, so assume both, even though it’s neither at this moment.

It has 271000km on it, it drives really nice, tranny shifts smooth. A little rough on start-up, but I think it just needs a tune-up.
It’s a horrible faded yellow colour, looks like a really cheap paint job about 5+ years ago.
There is some rust showing through the paint around the windshield, but no holes, and it looks easily fixable.
The floor is SOLID and the frame is also SOLID except for one small spot under the drivers footwell area. I plan on fixing both of these this weekend.
There are no holes in the body, but the rear passenger quarter has some filler in it, doesn’t look new, seems to have been done around the same time as the paint.
The inside of the trunk is SOLID, except for the passenger side where the filler is, seems to have been filled with expandable foam.
The rockers are solid, the doors are solid, the rest of the car seems quite solid. The inside of the engine bay, including strut towers, show almost no rust.
It’s a hatchback, and the deck on the hatch has a spot of rust too on the drivers side where the paint has come off, it may have originally had a wing too.
I have to fix the exhaust (has a hole after the cat) and am doing the rear brakes tonight.

So what do you think? How much would you pay for it?

before you get flamed you should shoot a post in the new to SON section… just some friendly advice…

how much did you pay for it… i might buy it off your hands

id say somewhere between 1500-2000. you can ask for more but gonna have to hold out for awhile. even 1500 might be a bit considering the mileage and condition. alot of ppl would sell high, but it also takes forever to sell high and with winter around the corner most ppl wouldnt want to spend the money. just my 2 cents.

Brock

$1,000-$2,500 depending on how much work you do to it.

Was this that yellow one that was on autotrader? Trying to make some profit now eh? Pretty smart. You could always part it out and get more than you probably paid for it, or just continue to fix it up and sell it. Either works I guess.

the yellow one on autotrader sold for $650.00

So i wouldn’t pay a penny more.

Yes it’s the yellow one from autotrader.
It does need work before it will pass a safety, and work before it will pass an e-test.
I am performing this work, which enhances the car’s value beyond what I paid for it.
You will note in my first post that I said I will sell cert & e-tested, so what I originally paid for the car shouldn’t matter if I decide to sell it.

I don’t know who told you it sold for $650, as that number is incorrect. I have a receipt to prove it.

I saw that it was up there for $950, then the price dropped to $650, then it disappeared off the trader, so I would naturally assume…

you have the same name as me, ur cool. giddy up partner.

DMIS

I did the rear brakes last night, everything still looks really nice.
I think I am going to keep the car, so a mod can lock this puppy down if you feel so inclined.

Done as requested.