what program can i use?

my gf needs to take a little part of a song (have them on my comp). record the little part she needs then take the other songs and do the same. after i have all the sections i need from out of the songs i need to put them all into one file… how can i do this?

use a program called Audacity. only thing is it cuts the song off at like 2 minutes and 12 seconds. and if anyone knows a way around this, let me know lol.

Audacity is a good basic program. And free. And simple to use.

And MikeRi24, something isn’t right. It shouldn’t do that. :gotme:

i use sony soundforge, its not free but hey torrenting helps :slight_smile:
very nice prgram, lets you fully edit everything, very easy to use

btw: used this to create our power hour cd. so its def helpful

agreed… something deffinitly isnt right

great program IMO though

any audio editing program should do it. . i think i used cool edit pro or something like that… go to download.com and search “audio editing” and you should get some sweet demo’s

cool edit pro is much nicer than audacity… or at least the last time i used it… but i think the current version of cool edit is owned by adobe… so look for like cool edit pro 2.0 with the crack, on like BT, or what ever you use to pirate shit…

actually its really small i could probably just email it to you if you wanted to

the thing i like about sony is it displays the soundwaves, and its simple right click cut and paste what sections you want. then of course all the other editing stuff

cool edit and audacity are like that too…

cool edit you can play it and watch the wave and its dead on… audacity when i used it lagged behind

alrighty thanks guys :tup:

ok, sooo does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Goldwave, or hell you can even do it in sound recorder.

have u tried reinstalling? i used it and it worked perfect for what i needed to do for her :tup:

believe it or not… windows movie maker. isnert audio files, you can start the song wherever you want and end it wherever you want, i had to make a cd for my high school sports team for warm ups, it consisted of like 40 second parts from like 12 songs, you can fade them into each other and everything and save the clips together as one file. try that out, if you need help with it pm me.

i downloaded audacity, played with it for a bit. i want to cut a part out of a song i have on my computer already and save just that 15 secs or so. i can not figure it out. do i need more plug ins or something? or someone walk my special ed self through it lol

[quote=“ILCisDEAD,post:7,topic:21561"”]

cool edit pro is much nicer than audacity… or at least the last time i used it… but i think the current version of cool edit is owned by adobe… so look for like cool edit pro 2.0 with the crack, on like BT, or what ever you use to pirate shit…

actually its really small i could probably just email it to you if you wanted to

[/quote]

actually adobe didn’t buy it
they have their own program unless they changes the name of it

but adobe’s program is called Adobe Audition

[quote=“JuicedDakotaRT,post:14,topic:21561"”]

windows movie maker.

[/quote]

Worst editing program ever.

Or greatest if you love crashes and lag