what say you about the S2K now?

so i get a phone call today from the guy i bought the car from, he picked up an 02 S2K with a bunch of work done to it(yellow also) and calls me to say he’ll be in buffalo in a hour, and asking me if i want to swap hood/trunk for his CF ones

why the hell not?

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs464.ash1/25514_379273032129_626757129_4270324_7326743_n.jpg

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs444.snc3/25514_379273027129_626757129_4270323_7131309_n.jpg

Why did he buy the exact same car again? Looks good, but sounds weird to me.

so wait… he sold a yellow s2k to buy another yellow s2k?

haha

im sure sure how I like that CF on yellow…

yea he bought an 02 with a TON of work done to it, had S/C and a bunch of other things…he just didn’t like the CF cause the guy put WAY too much of it on the car

I say go for it. :tup:

I’d be more worried to find out what’s wrong with the car you just bought.

oh i did haha

those are pics of my car with the CF on it already, swapped it in works parking garage lol!

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

i know the issues it has, needs a fender liner and a few minor things done to it…

it looks side ways… but other than that looks good! now get a hard top =)

I have to agree here…
but on another level is it cheaper to:

1. s/c the car you have… possibly in a questionable condition
    or
  2. sell the problem car and pick up boosted “well running” car?

one might argue why sell and “rebuy” the same car vs. building it to your own specs.

Just a thought but either way drive it till it breaks!

i see your point, he wanted the glass window, and this car probably has about 10K in parts on it easy, all top notch stuff

Glass rear window is nice, but not nice enough to replace an 01 with an 02. Even with all the upgrades on his new car… wouldn’t you want to build your own car?? Just my 2 cents.

Anyways I love s2k’s with cf.

he didn’t want to do the build apparently, i dont think he was planning on another S2K at first, but found this one and jumped on it…anyway, he’s pissed at the things the prev owner fucked up on the car

hood pins ruined the hood

i would argue that its cheaper to buy pre-built in most situations. let someone else take the retail hit.

yea i wish there were no pins honestly

it’s almost always cheaper to buy somebody else’s project than to mod yourself…

It is always cheaper, too bad you never know what you are really getting though. :confused:

I’ve contemplated this many a time.

the worse case is that you break even most of the time.

dot.

looks good, you should get a front lip now!