What should I do?

neither is your camaro/firebird, or gto. the Ford GT was built to be a more exotic, hand built, limited production car anyway. look at the numbers ferrarri and lamboeghini produce for thier pricetags. the GT is acctually a good deal if you look at it that way.

yes the Z06 is badass, but with quiks argument of how much more the shelby costs over a camaro, and you can mod it to kill that shelby with the money saved, applies also to the price of the money you can put into the shelby. but like i said, the Z06 is badass.

who’s dumb ass fault is it they made a truck to appeal to a sporty/race crowd and left it fullsize and 4wd?

doesnt matter. the arguement is produced engines. why doesnt gm just take the all mighty lswhatever motors and supercharge them and totally blow away the competition.

after all is said. i dont give a fuck about either, id take both. :bigthumb:

look at the muscle car engines of the late 60’s and early 70’s. Ford’s 427 was more powerful than any offering from gm or mopar(even the almighty Hemi was no match for the 427FE). Ford knows how to build a pushrod engine and does not need to “boost” it to beat a small block chebby motor. Ford decided, for whatever reason, to move on to mod motors, which GM will do eventually. And when that happens, ford will be 10+ years ahead of gm yet again. Even with the current mod motor that ford has, it’s still better/comprable to gm’s old school pushrod motors that they had 50 years to get right. Ford’s 460 is more widely used than the 454(in racing) and the 302/351 is every bit as good as a gm 350.

I am a huge fan of pushrod motors and like the old school engines more than most people do, but ford and their new mod motors are pretty kickass. That vid in the multimedia section with the gt wit the twins on it made over 1000 hp on a stock block and stock fuel delivery, that’s pretty impressive.

GM does make a very good lsx engine, but it’s just not as good as the offering from ford. Maybe the next gen motor from GM will finally beat ford, but probably not.

boost or not ford>gm

all you n/a fagorts are just jealous.

:smiley:

a 12.89 in a stock SS camaro for 29k or whatever the price was wasnt impressive to you??? the new z06 can compete wiht many exotic cars under 250k

i didn read all of it, but the Z06 is one of the best bang for bucs

yes that is GMs i dont think when they made it tho they had it in mind to compete with the lighting i think it was just another SS name tag

well the rumor in GM is the Blue Devil corvette wil have a Super

me too, well kinda hahah, not the windsor but the modular motors are ok with me

I don’t know and I’m not looking it up. What has the fastest lsx naturally aspirated run??

I am going to say it’s a safe bet that a windsor ford has ran a faster naturally aspirated et than an lsx based on the fact that you can get at least as many cubic inches out of a windsor block as an lsx block and I belive you can get more out of a windsor. Also you can get higher flowing cylinder heads for a 351w than for a lsx. So with the same or more cubic inches and better cylinder heads it can only be assumed that faster times have been ran with a 351w than a lsx.

To answer you next question these heads would be, Blue thunder, brodix - neal, yates sc-1, chi, edelbrock victor, tfs hi ports, and maybe a few others I am overlooking.

The lsx is a fine engine, I am seriously considering getting a c5 if I get a company vehicle and don’t have to worry about practicality.

BUT, GM didn’t reinvent the wheel with it and it isn’t any better than anything else. It’s a fine engine and as it is around longer better speed parts will be made for it. However there is nothing inherently better about it than any other small block engine.

thats fine, but it isnt targeted towards that market like the GT is. a vette turns heads yeah, but a GT turns ALL heads.

:repost:

:repost:

bout time they step into the future

windsor motor > your life

a ls1 N/a has run 8s and there is a ls1 that has run 6’s Turbo’d and plenty of em in the 7s and some of em still run stock style suspensino in the 7s

lsx motors have some of the best flowing heads stock, and only get better in the aftermarket

you can make a ls1 into 447 cubic inches and there is a 454 world industires block which can be made even bigger that is a lsx

why would i be jealous if N/A cars are turning better times than some S/C mod motors??

That vid in the multimedia section with the gt wit the twins on it made over 1000 hp on a stock block and stock fuel delivery, that’s pretty impressive.
stock fuel injectors too ehh???

and yes GM has made mod motors the LT5 but realized that with resacrh and develpment the can make pushrod v8s better than a mod motor

just casue u have more valves and more cams does not mean your going to make more power or flow more air. GM developed normal pushrod heads to flow extremly well!!!

we need a dead horse smiley…

who cares? both motors ford/chevy would both hold a boat in the same place

GM > ford > anything else> mopar hahaha

gm/ford > mopedar

i call a draw

ok deal, just cause i liek you tho :idb:

I’m going to have to call you on the 6 second naturally aspirated ls1. Being that pro stockers running 815 inch motors and 10000+ rpm are only running 6s I find it hard to believe that a small block chevy is running in the 6s naturally aspirated.

Also show me an lsx head that will do 450+ cfm.

that was typo, 6 second turbo’d

ok, none that flow 450 cfm, but do u need it with a small block that is still makin insane times down a track?

LSX>* enough said

After this well thought out and persuasive arguement I retract my previous statements.

Hearing this groundbreaking news I find it impossible to deny that the lsx family is the greatest engine in the universe. :rolleyes:

sorry to hear ford needs boost to compete and i coudl give 2 shits about a 7sec car. cause at that point its no longer a street ride

dont forget they use LS1 in a form of nascar racing… i forget the actual name of the league but they use complete LS1s. now your going ot say nascar been doing fords for many years and yes you are correct on thta one. but im still going ot stick by the gun and defend the mighty LSX

anybody can boost a motor it takes a real manufactor to make power NA with a small block

I’m sorry to hear that gm CAN’T compete.

If you would have read what has been posted you would realize that the 351w can be built faster than the lsx naturally aspirated or otherwise.

its not worth arguing anymore.

SVT & SALEEN aint ford,there sister co.,nuff said!

SVT is more ford as SLP is chevy