What should I do?

Let’s see, today I can buy a mustang with 500 horse from the factory.

How much power is the camaro making now, and when could I buy a factory 500 horse camaro??

I like how I answer everything you say and you answer none of what I brought up. You beter stick to racing fords that are either on fire or driven by a teenage girl.

ah you must be talking about a Shelby that uses a mustang body for a price of 80k. and again motor is SC not NA

you make no sense for your comparison

and that shelby your talking about makes about 430 to the wheels, cammed LS1s make that with stock heads and stock intake.

this is getting no where…ford doesnt have a NA motor to even talk about

the shelby cobra is 45-50k. not 80k

and sorry to burst your bubble, a cammed motor isnt stock.

Plus, before you got the god of all motors in that truck you used to argue up and down how the S/c 4.6 was equal if not better than the LSwhatever and that if GM didnt use a power adder its thier own fault.

I could really care less, but if you’re looking at the fact of a Cammed LS1 making over 400rwhp with stock heads, look at the fact of the S/c 4.6’s with a $50 pulley and a intake making upper 400’s.

both engines are great in thier own ways. and both take mods very well. there is no clear cut better motor

http://www.evoperform.com/GT500/dyno1.wmv

We are not even close to being done with this baddass car! We have many more hours of tuning still left to do on this car. We feel there is more power/torque to get out of the GT500 before we do the pulley swap and run more boost, which will be happening very soon! Stay Tuned!

I will have more videos up over the weekend from our track day this Saturday, August 19th, 2006 at Cecil County Dragway in Rising Sun, Maryland!

Below is the raw Rear Wheel Horsepower and Torque graph from the dyno with the exception of are company watermark!

http://uploader.ws/upload/200608/gt500dyno1.jpg

so what’s the point? Ford decided to use a supercharger instead of N/A. The whole n/a vs. f/i vs. CI is stupid. Factory stock is the comaprison and ford wins this battle

lets change the question to, what factory gm forced induction motor is out there than can come close to a factory ford boosted car?

has the kid that started this thread even replied in it about seriously doing any of the options listed???

they dont make one,because they do it n/a!:beer:

boosted from factory>n/a from factory

:moon:

<^>

thanks you to all of you who have given some serious input to this topic but to all the others i just want to let you know that i will cut the floor out of the car and flinstone my ass around town before i put anything other than a ford product in it. im going to end up buying a 2000 F-250 7.3 Turbo Diesel anyways.

sorry last i checked and little burnyd was there to witness it. a 48k shelby drop top had a 30000 mark up so Mr. big shot do the math

again its not NA

pushrods FTW

why does GM need to boost a motor when they make the same or more power NA?

in this case the boost makes up for lack of ablitity to make it NA. why do you think most imports are boosted…cant make shit for power NA but once in a great moon someoen will actually build a NA motor that makes some power

sorry, last time i checked, markup isnt from the factory. it’s added by the reseller. therefore some places add it, some dont. and a drop top is about 3 or 4k more than a coupe. where did you look? McCrackin?

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2007/ford/shelbygt500/index.html

doesnt need to be N/A

the argument is production motor vs production motor.

Anyways, Mr. Quik is completely missing my original point.

People are so obsessed with the lsx and how special it is and how it’s “The mother of all high performance engines”. My point was that as far as being a performance engine, stock for stock it is better for naturally aspirated performance than anything ford has offered.

HOWEVER, the truth of it is that most people don’t race stock engines. Why people get all excited over the lsx there really wasn’t available the kind of speed parts that the ancient 351 w has.

The point was that you can’t get as good of aftermarket parts for the ls1 as for the 351w. So if you are looking to build a max effort race engine the 351w comes out ahead of the lsx family.

My other point was there is nothing that the lsx can do that a 351w can’t do better with aftermarket parts.

Let’s recap LSX vs. Ford small blocks

Stock for Stock horsepower: Advantage – Ford

Modified for modified: Advantage – Ford

Also to the best of my knowlege, both modular and windsor powered fords have both run faster quarter mile times than any lsx powered vehicle.

The only comparison you can win is stock for stock naturally aspirated, when you compare the top end of the lsx spectrum to the mid range mustangs.

are u shitting me???

Maybe I should make this more plain:

1. Ford GT 550 horsepower from the factory
  2. Corvette Z06 LS7 505 Horse
  3. Ford shelby GT 500 500 Horse
  4. Corvette Z06 LS6 405 Horse
  5. Corvette LS2 400 Horse
  6. Ford mustang cobra 390 Horse

Ok let’s do some math,

Highest power overall: Ford (GT)

Average of three most powerful LSX: 437

Average of three most powerful ford modular engines: 480

Again in both maximum and average of high performance engines the ford comes out on top.

Let throw out the GT and corvettes and compare just pony cars.

1. Ford mustang shelby GT 500: 500 horsepower
  2. Ford Mustang cobra 03 390 horse
  3. Ford Mustang cobra R 385 horse
  4. Camaro Z28 SS 330 horse
  5. Ford mustang svt cobra 01 320 horse

So just counting pony cars the highest horsepower pony car is a ford, 4 of the top 5 most powerful late model pony cars are ford modular powered.

Let me also mention again, both windsor and modular powered fords have ran quicker et’s than any lsx powered vehicle.

Oh yeah, the lightning is also faster than the silverado ss.

COBRA !!!

weren’t you like mr camaro yesterday???

Ford doesnt want you

:smiley:

ok, soo dyno numbers, but im sorry, ur 550hp GT which is no longer made is not putting down numbers that are that impressive for that cost at all…nothing that comes close to the times that the new Z06 is doing if i cared aobut HP numbers then id get a supra

and the lightin and sliverado ss can be compared but shoulndt, lighting is a single cab short bed RWD truck, the first SS sliverados were ext cab awd trucks with 6 ft bed. much heavier

Oh and those 3 fords in that list all need S/Cs to make decent HP numbers haha

oh and NA what has the fastest windsor or modular ford run?