What should I do?

shit 500hp isnt shit… LSX with a cam come close to that BHP or past that

A 393 should with a decent set of heads should be able to do at least 600 on the motor.

I think we are getting a little bit carried away from what the guys is asking. We are telling him to build a 500 horse stroker motor to replace a 190 horse v6. Pretty soon we will be telling him to build a dart block, 430 inch stroker with brodix-neal heads and to spin it to 9500 rpm.

For what is sounds like he is looking for, he should either sell his car really cheap to me and get a cobra because the 2v heads on the GT are pretty much hopeless, or find a wrecked 5.0 with a good driveline for a donor vehicle and swap the 5.0, 8.8 and associated hardware into his v6 and if he has any extra money leftover put some afr 165 heads, an edelbroc rpm II intake and a cam on it and have a car that will run low to mid 12s on the motor.

I was going on an extremely mild build. oh well

351<lsx

taco…i think you understang what im trying to do here. how much would you be willing to buy the car for. I dont really want to spend all the money to build this one up. im just looking to buy a new car and do a few mods for now because i really dont have that much money to spend!

r my eyes playing tricks on me?!?!?!?!

ur sayin lsx motor greater than junk ass ford?

:wink:

awww big man i :love: you!!!

hehehehehehe

:love:

For the most part I am a ford guy. I like mustangs over f buckets, but I am not blindly devoted like alot of people. I would certainly like to have a new vette over a new mustang, but for a drag car for me it’s a ford.

There are finally some decent heads available for the lsx so it’s as good as any now. Not better than a ford but as good as anything else. you can go fast wtih anything, one really isn’t any better than the other anymore.

Also those new factory ls7 heads are crazy, I don’t remember the exact flow numbers but I seem to remember hearing something like 380 cfm on the intake. :eek3:

name me one production ford motor that is NA that can even remotely touch the LSX

HP/TQ, mileage capablities, and etc

Well the 2000 cobra R 5.4 4v comes to mind as it bests most of the lsx family from the factory N/A.

But really, this is a stupid comparison because ford never pushed the naturally aspirated envelope with it’s modular engines, instead they opted to supercharge them. The modular engines can be made to run really well naturally aspirated but it isn’t cheap.

To add some more fuel to this fire that you are asking for the fastest modular ford pass that i could find was John Mihovetz at a 6.62 at 214. What is the fastest ls1 pass???

But really I was never talking about factory stock engines anyways. What instead I was talking about was how over hyped the lsx family was. Sure they are great engines from the factory. But I wasn’t talking about factory stock stuff. What i was talking about was the availability of good heads for the lsx family vs. the top shelf aftermarket canted valve heads for the small block fords. For a long time the “good” stuff just wasn’t there for the ls1 in the form of aftermarket stuff. Most guys were spending a fortune on ported facory heads.

i say put a big block chevy in it:dunno:

then you would know that you can make near 500bhp with stock heads and intake dont ya?

sorry but hte 5.4 isnt touching the 7.0

again
LSX>*

hahahah 7.0ls7>5.4 junk

you’re fucking stupid

factory stock vs factory stock is the comparison. changing the parameters to make your case is very lame. 03+ cobra motor>any lsx engine stock for stock.

only with in 1/10

:confused:

best stock LS1 12.89,best stock 03 4.6 s/c 12.77

hahaha sorry but LS7 rules them and its considerd a small block and is part of the LSX family

and sorry to hear that they had to go boosted. also whats funny is they had to go to a OHC and still can even touch the power of a pushrod motor.

i mean whats it now a 3v 4.6 and still cant touch a 346 for power or torque or even MPG or not even close to the 364 thats avaible now