LS1 Vs. LT4

Which is the “better” motor stock and which is better when modded???

In my opinion I would say it is a toss up…too close to call. :dunno: :dunno:

Ls1 Wins All Hands Down!

ditto

The pushrod motor one

I think 8.1 crew and silver’s replies were a little biased…lol
I made this thread b/c I see in both Vettes and F-bodies Stock vs Stock the times are always very close.

I call BS

the LS1 is over rated :slight_smile:

a general consensus on the vette forum is that if you took a GS vs a 97 c5…the LT4 is slightly quicker. the 01 C5s may be a different story, but either way its a drivers race. but there r some LT4 guys dynoing crazy numbers…but same is true w/ LS1s

i’d pick the LS1 mainly because the LT4 already has a more aggressive cam and heads (i think) leaving less room for improvement without losing drivability. The LS1 is also lighter.

^ i agree. stock for stock was what i meant in my prior post. once modding comes into the picture the LS1 would probably respond better and has WAY more options.

they are both turds - 5.0 > any gm boat anchor

:smiley:

:weak:

dont u mean 7.5 (460)!!! :moon:

460 > *

I’m building one right now. Well actually I am going through all the parts in my dad’s basement to find out what I need to buy. He has basically everything and it is out of a 70 lincoln. ~320HP and ~500 ft.lbs. If only I had a nice car to put it in instead of a 5000 brick (aka, my truck)

it was a joke, everyone knows the ls1 is the best engine ever produced.

its about time u see the light!!! :smiley:

:weak:

post whore :smiley:

so the block cracked?

well rip out that 4.6 & i’ll sell u a LS1 for it!!!

Why is there so much LT4 hating here? They are a typical underrated GM engine that rips just as hard as a LS1. I would say stock vs stock equal drivers the LT4 wins barely. Just my $.02