I raced an SRT-4 today...

…and kicked its ass. Badly.

The story goes as such. He pulls up next to me, black on black, mean sounding as hell. The turbo was louder than anything. Wanted to run to the next light so I obliged and blew his doors off, 2 cars from the launch, ending with about 4 car length win. When he went by I gave him a wave and he kept going. The old dude in the blazer behind me went by, honked, and gave me a big thumbs up. Let 2008 begin! ;D

Oh and no im holier than shit “you shouldnt be street racing bro” :nono I know that already. But I did it. And I won. And thats it.

good deal way to kick the seson off with a win :banana

SRT4’s aren’t fast unless modified, out of the box they are high-13 to low 14 second cars, though with simple mods they become quite fast, in particular for the price.

:+1 SRT-4’s aren’t too fast, they’re a breeze for me…but congrats on the win :lol

Something doesn’t add up.

SRT-4 vs VR-4 on the street and only 2 cars? :slight_smile:

4 cars. 2 cars on the “launch” which was more of a fast roll than anything, lol.

I meant just on the launch. What 60’s/RTs do you pull at the track? Bad reference but whatever.

Just off R/T, you will have a HUGE advantage.

My 60’s were averaging 1.8-1.9 with a .300 - .500 r/t

little late on the reactions… you are giving up 1/2 a second on the tree… lvd is a pro LED tree… .000 being perfect… nearly ALL my r/t’s were .05X - .15X

yeah but he’s a meere mortal Travis, he doesn’t have superhero perfect timing like you Travis. :headbang

he did better than you did against a near stock srt4 :crackup

Nice. About right for LVD.

Most of the 3S owners I know are bumpin revs and usually lose some time waiting for the RPMS do be on the upswing. Not sure how he launches though.

I never understood how I lost to a car that traps about 15MPH less. :slight_smile:

now when u say modified do you mean aftermarket stuff or does that also include that stage 4 package(or whatever its called. the nicer goodies that come from the dealer installed) u can get on it?

it’s still modified whether it comes from the dealer or from srt4life.com (made that up)

nicer goodies from dealer? what makes them nicer? you get to keep your warranty, but I’m sure other companies make nicer stuff.

When I say modified I mean any modification that is not stock, including the dealer installed “stage X” upgrades. I have to give dodge credit it was a brilliant idea to sell upgrades to a car like that and have the ability to roll the payments into the car loan. Most dealer installed parts are hugely expensive and typically not desirable to serious auto enthusiasts, Dodge did well with the products, marketing and implementation… shame it was all for a neon.

lets run em’ !!

Id be afraid of racing anybody with COP in their screenname.

way to bump an old thread. he doesnt even have the same car anymore.

doesnt matter… new car is faster than the old one… by far.

always fun to put someone in their place!1

I had a young couple in a newer porsche carrera turbo mess with me a few days ago. I actually went past my girlfriends exit to race him. We went from a 70 toll to about 140 where we ran into traffic…and we were dead fucking even…I mean, my front bumper and his front bumper couldnt get anymore parallel. Kid was cool as hell, Looked at me after and gave me a big nod and smile…I smiled back cause I wanted his girlfriend.