LS1 Vs. LT4

not

I am not positive on this but, LT4=LT1 with heads and cam.

Put heads and cam on an LS1 and see which is better.

:beer: :beer:

wouldn’t that be a ls6? :dunno:

for the most part, give or take a few things…good point. for what they r stock for stock, not adding heads and cam to a LS1 because the LT4 is a LT1 w/ heads and cam, they r very close. i give the nod to LT4 stock. LS1 when mods come into the picture.

so

lt4>lt1
ls1>lt4
ls6>ls1
460>* :D:D

thats correct

hahahaha

look at the zr-1…thats an lt4…and it had 405 hp…same as a z06…id say they r both about the same…and i think there is just as many parts for a lt4 as there is for a ls1 or ls6…the lt4 is just old news b/c of the ls1’s…but it was just in hot rod mag. as one of the best motors…soo i think its all a matter of opinion

whoa hold up there zr1 had the lt-5 in it way different than an lt4 or any gm v8 for that matter.

:eek4dance

x3 he is correct!!!

oh ya…ur right…my bad

[QUOTE=Black_WS6]I am not positive on this but, LT4=LT1 with heads and cam.QUOTE]
ya…but the heads on an lt4 r totally different than an LT1…

rocker arms in the lt1 r 1.5
rocker arms in the lt4 r 1.6

LT4 uses lighter valves and lighter valve springs

intake ort on LT4 is .100" higher than LT1

compression is 10.8:1 on the LT4 where LT1 is 10.5:1
b/c of a smaller 3cc valve relief on the piston domes

considering mustangs and other slow fords magizine always seems to praise or warn about the LS1 in many of their issues… LS1 hands down. I used to have one til a telephone pole got in my way.

well ur talking about mustsang mags. do they ever know what they r talking about??? :dunno:

high performance car w/ a Low performance driver

you got :owned:

sliver?

back? :yum:

thats probably because the odds running into a LT4 (especially an F-body) arent very likely.