'95 Mustang GT.. few questions

Hey guys…

Thinking about buying this '95 Mustang GT here soon… I’ve got a few questions for you guys:

• I know these motors are pretty descent factory, but what’s some solid first mods?

• Should I assume my MPG is gonna suck or will it be OK as long as I stay off the gas? It’s a 5 speed.

• Is there an easy way to convert to the vertical tails instead of the horizontal tails? Never really looked into it…

• Anything I should look at specifically when going to look at it? Any known trouble spots?

I’ll post up anything else if I can think of it…

Thanks!

-5.0’s have a shit-ton of mods out there. I would do exhaust, gears, and it’s up to you and your budget after that.

-It’s a V8, the MPG will reflect that. Just keep your foot out of it.

-Yes, you can swap out the whole taillight, the body is the same so the 96-98 tails will fit.

-Look for the same things you would on any other 14 year old car.

Fantastic.

We had a V6 '02 Mustang and it was really cool, just SLOW! But I’ve always liked the 5.0 motor… It has 80k on it, so it should be reasonably solid for a '95… Glad to hear about the tails…

I drove my cousins '02 GT 5 speed with the 4.6 and it felt really nice… The only main performance mods was an intake and an SLP exhaust. Sounded like a fucking monster…

as far as cheap goes i heard you can just cut the exhaust off… i guess thats a pretty good mod

haha Also very cheap!

on a serious note good luck with it, i love the sound of a mustang

Damn right. My cousins GT has the SLP Loud Mouth system and it sounds just like my Uncles '64 Cobra with straight pipes… That’s probably the system I’ll get… Plus, the fact that it’s a manual just sweetens the deal…

At least get the LoudMouth II’s. The I’s sound like a farm tractor.

If you can afford them, I would suggest these. Magnaflow Magnapacks, Borla Stingers, Bassani Street Comp, or Spintechs. There are better sounds out there for the Mustangs than the SLP LM I’s.

Hmm… Yeah, his must be the II’s… They sound amazing… I first of all want a great sound… Loud is all fun and good, but TOO loud sucks… But then a close second is overall performance… But what is a Mustang that doesn’t sound good? lol

SLP on a mustang do not belong

full exhaust, gears, shorty shifter, upper /lower intake , TB , cam , heads

mpg may increase.

SLP on a mustang do not belong

I totally agree. 5.0s need Flowmasters and dumps.

My modded 95 5.0 averaged 18 MPG in combined driving. I think it would get low-mid 20s on the highway. It was an automatic though, so that definitely hurt the gas mileage.

A 95 GT came with the 5.0 with only 215 hp and weighs 3200 pounds, so its not going to be the fastest thing on the street in stock form. I would go after exhaust and intake mods first. After that go for a tune, because that will really help the power and driveability.

Your gas mileage will depend on how you drive and how low in the rpms you shift. I have gotten as bad as 12mpg in mine up to 30mpg.

:rofl:

a 95GT is probably slower than your 02 V6. It will respond to mods better though.

I agree with the Flowmaters. Had em on my 88 5.0 and have em on my 07 GT. Flows + Mustang = Penut butter & jelly. My 88 had 190,000+ miles with no engine issues.