what the fuck? computer is acting very unsexy

ok, so i unplugged my new computer and set up my old one cause i forgot to get some info off of it and now its being all gay…

it starts to boot up as it should, but after going through the Acer screen and giving th option to get into the boot up settiogs and the bios options, i get nothing but a blinking cursor. vista refuses to load. wtf?

Try booting to a Linux live CD to copy your data off. Then your best bet would probably be to just reinstall Vista.

and where might i get one of these linux cd’s?

Plug your new PC in, download the .iso, burn to a cd and you should be ready to go. Most any Linux Distro comes in a Live CD form. Ubuntu works great (You should just install it instead of Vista. :D)

http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download

will it run quickbooks and office 07?

push in the clutch & see if that helps!

Ahh, I thought you were trying to pull files over from the old machine to the new one. Ubuntu has OpenOffice installed, so it’ll read Office files, however Quickbooks is certainly an issue. You don’t plan on pulling the data to the new machine?

Noah i’ll buy you “burger king” if you stop helping him

lol… why suggest a linux cd to someone that not only doesn’t know it, but doesn’t give a fuck about it? how about a PE disk, it’s at least familiar.

does the harddrive spin up? check the physical plugs… sounds like it’s not finding the OS drive???

Deal.

Because it’s quick and easy, compared to the process of making a PE disk.

are you kidding? just run pebuilder and it does it for you???

If you think he’s not going to be able to figure out how to drag and drop files in Linux, how can you expect him to run PEbuilder?

Same logic you were using. :smiley:

Either way will work, though I misunderstood his original problem.

If you still have your Vista CD that came with that machine, insert it, restart, boot to it like you are going to reinstall Vista, and it should give you the option to repair the OS. Give that shot, provided the machine is indeed finding the drive the OS is on.

dont have to transfer anything. had a file an an old computer. plugged it in, emailed myself what i needed and that was that. shouldnt really factorin to this.
this “new” computer isnt brand new… ive had it for a few months.

i also checked the plug on the hdd before posting any of this. it seemed secure. couldnt really tell if it was spinning or not tho.

Throw it off of the wall … and buy a new one

or the lack of logic… fucking pebuilder is a double click, next ,next, next, burn… it’s easy and it’s the platform people are used to… then, when you boot it, it’s familiar. i’m done with the subject.

darkstain, sounds like something physically is fucked… check both ends of the sata cable… the keyboard in plugged in? are you just that retarded that your PC won’t boot?

yeah the keyboard is working fine. if i ctrl alt del when with this fagggish blinking cursor, it will try and reboot. gheyness. how can you fuck up a computer by unplugging it? lol

If it is a cable issue, I have extra SATA cables I can pass along.

linux cd’s to copy files :kekegay:

The problem is, you bought an acer. Haven’t you read any threads on here about what a good computer manufacturer is?

x2

x3

:rofl:

um, power supply, hdd, optical drive;mo board, case… how can a manufacturer fuck that up? its not like they even make any of the components…

ok i pulled the hdd out and put it in the other computer. still doing the same shit, except now it says Verifying DRM pool or some shit like that, then i get the blinking cursor. please fucking tell me the hdd isnt fried…