what the hell do these names mean

okay, so i have 2 240s and read this board all the time, and these fucking names piss me off. here is my rant about these homosexual names.

zenki
kouki
chuki
and if theres another one that i’m forgetting thats even more gay, then that one too

i’m confused as hell as to which one belongs to which car, and i’m also confused as to why people insist on using them to confuse people.

my understanding from all these contradicting posts naming different cars different things is that all 89-90 240s are zenki, all 91-94 240s are chukis, all 95-97 240s are zenkis again for some reason, then all 98-99s are koukis?

and my friend thinks similar, but that zenki and such is like a special edition of that year, and that only cars that came with the zenki lip are zenkis or something.

these names are ridiculous. its not a zenki lip, its a fucking 89 or 90 lip so say that. you didn’t convert your car to a chuki front end, you put a bumper from a 92 nissan 240sx onto your 90 nissan 240sx.

what is the origin/reasoning behind these names, other than to sound like you’re jdm tight? and you can’t tell me that its easier to type out zenki than it is to type 89 as its less than half the letters.

i have a 1992 nissan 240sx, no where does it say chuki on the damn car. it does however say 1992, nissan and 240sx so that is what i will call it. now if my car was actually called a nissan chuki instead of 240sx, i would call it a chuki, however i would feel like i’m taking it up the ass every time i do because that word is really fucking gay

so thats my rant, you jdm people may now mock my for being a n00b or something since i don’t think i’ll actually get a real reason for these names.

/bitterness

You don’t have to be so pissy about the nomenclature jeez, but I’ll be nice and play along.

Anyway each Silvia generation is given a different designation- S13/180sx ('89-'94 240sx), S14('95-'98 240sx), S15. These designations distinguish the different chassis types.

Under each generation has slightly different models according to the particular year they came out. Zenki, Chuki, and Kouki are Japanese words that mean former, middle, and latter period respectively. So they’re not ‘gay’ names people made up you ignoramus.

You got the years right for the S13- that is '89-'90 are known as Zenkis whereas '91-'94 are Chukis. Now this part I’m not 100% on, but the 180sx (still considered to be the S13 chassis) was sold in Japan until 1998 while the S13 chassis was discontinued in North America. The S13’s during this period are regarded as the Koukis.

S14’s obviously come in 2 different versions, with the differences being mainly cosmetic. '95-'96 models are the Zenki versions, and the '97-'98 models are the Koukis.

You can call them whatever the fuck you want, but some people like being JDM tyte.

Dude, stfu. We’re all humans too but why do we have names and why do we call people black, white, asian, etc? Same thing with our cars. K?

easiest way to put it…

zenki = early
chuki = middle
kouki = late

was just the japanese way of saying one is older then the other without using the date it was manufactured ? or a way to tell the difference between the body styles as each is slightly different?

your name really suits you

I gotta admit that although I know people are going to childishly flame simplemind for this thread (and possibly me as well), and I myself am guilty of becoming accustomed to using these names for referring to specific generations of our cars - these names really are completely retarded and it’s extremely childish of us to think that we need these names to distinguish our cars apart in writing and conversation.

We aren’t fucking Japanese so why do we use these non-English words to describe what can easily be described in English? It’s for the same reason Britney Spears shaving her head is headline news for 2 weeks and Anna Nicole smiths death is headline news for a month. It’s because 99% of people in this world are fucking wanna-be’s.

That’s right, I’m calling us all wanna-be’s. Deal with it :slight_smile:

I’m just as guilty as the next guy, including all of you who are reading this thinking “I’m no wanna-be”. Well you are, so suck up your ego and live with it.

I made a post just like this when I first started following 240s four or five years ago - I just got sucked in to the lifestyle and have been able to ignore how retarded we all are for thinking its cool to speak this way.

Thanks for reading.
</rant>

white people are called white cause their skin is white, same as black people, asians are called asian because they are from asia. nothing the same as our cars AT ALL.

you’re anal ranger and should seriously crawl in a hole and die.

thank you for being a reasonable person Jammin. people getting so pissed about chuki, kouki and zenki is absolutely absurd.

Really? Your car says 1992 on it? You must be the only one with that elite 1992 badge then.

Regardless… who cares what language people use. Zenki/Chuki/Kouki represent a year range, not a particular year. So it’s easier to say Chuki S13 than “91-93 S13”…
If you think it’s dumb, don’t use it. Getting mad at people who do is a waste of energy.

Finally, you mention all these contradictory posts yet you got the naming right… (with the exception of S14 koukis which are 97-98, not 98-99). Pat yourself on the back.

And reeeelaaaaaaax.

find me a car on the road in canada that doesn’t say the year of the car on it and i will give you such a good cookie.

Any car that’s had the doorjamb sticker sprayed over. :slight_smile:

lol, the year is stamped everywhere man.

Oh yeah? like where?

i’d consider the ownership as part of the car, try painting over that :wink:

Okay in that case… Is it must be stupid to call your car a coupe or a hatchback…

According to your logic, none of us should ever call our cars coupes or hatchbacks since neither of those terms appear anywhere on the car.

This classification doesnt just apply to 240s. ANy car can have this term used. Its common in the RSX world as well. CWEST even runs ads with zenki RSX body kits and Kouki RSX body kits.

YOu ask why we use this, simply put its become popular. Same reason you and most of the people here probably drive 240SXs.

I don’t like mushrooms, so I don’t eat them. You don’t like the words, so don’t use them.

hahaha i remember when i was 100% noobie like you. I was mad at a lot of things and didn’t GET a lot of things, how these cars are made, their history and what not. Anywayz, you gotta understand that you DONT know everything, no one does, so instead of causing a rant why didnt you just simply ask someone?

…" hey do you know what the meaning of these names are, zenki, chuki and kouki? I dont know what they mean can you please explain to me and pass me over some of your knowledge? "

why are you so mad and ranting on about something so stupid? why not just ask one of the many knowledgeable people from this site what those names mean?

anywayz i shouldnt be talking when i first became a user on this forum i was like you, but then I learned how this site works and how to deal with some comments, and views that other people may have on a subject

I don’t like that comment John. Because that is one of the things that is wrong with our North American culture. We tend to change everything into English to suit our needs. Be it someone’s name, the name of a Country, a city, (eg. Munich -> München; Cologne -> Köln).

Calling something by the name it was supposed to be called is not considered wrong; in my pont of view anyways. It is actually exteremely ignorant on our part to call things what we feel like calling them, or what we think is easier or more convenient for us.

If that’s the case, Cal should be called Dracula, and I should be called Gawrizza. (Godzilla)