What to use on tranny cooler lines?

I have a aftermarket tranny cooler and pulling onto my street today one of those nifty worm clamps decided to let go…very nice smoke show…

Anyways any suggestions on what to use instead of worm clamps?

Anything’s better than a worm clamp. Oetiker clamps work well for something you don’t anticipate removing frequently.

the only thing better than a worm clamp, is 2 worm clamps. Or flare the hard line and use 1.

Stainless Lines w/ AN Fittings

How big of a diameter are we talking here? I’ve got worms on mine that are only about 3/8th" ID and they work fine. I would do what Jack says and use two.

That usually involves cutting the stock lines/barbs out of the tranmission itself and welding on the correct AN fittings.

I guess I will just use two…

Good times…I think I lost all the tranny fluid on my street.

fuel injection hose clamps

-J&J

don’t make them so tight. and buy the worm clamps what a the wider ones. that usually means you have to use a larger size and make it smaller though, but it doesn’t matter.

if you can, remove the hose, and double flare the steel line coming out of the transmission. that will insure a solid grip.

get a 6spd. :lol:

fuel injection clamps work well, for trans cooler lines I have always used two on each end. Learned that lesson the hard way a long time ago. :stuck_out_tongue:

makes mental notes on thread

Worm Clamps have always worked fine for me,and if I ever have problems its because one of the hoses gets dry rotted.