What wideband A/F gauges are you guys using?

plx m300. same one toda party is selling. simple, works great.

aem uego, love it

in for aem. they seem to be the best priced

INNOVATE

I’ve run a few widebands over the years but personally love PLX devices. I’m running a M300 Tuner Edition one in my Cavy right now and hook it up to my Cobalt on occasion for tuning.

Just make sure whatever wideband you get can be hooked up to log in your tuning software. Since your an fbod are you running HPTuners? If so most all of the widebands out there will work by hooking into the MPVI box.

I like the UEGO gauge type for permanent install and Innovate LM2 for tuning use.

techedge 2a0 DIY kit. www.wbo2.com when i bought it in 2003, it was less than 200$ and i use a palm pda for the display. great pc software too that can log the ecu (if someone makes the driver) at the same time as the wideband. http://www.devtechnics.com/winlog.htm

i dont like the AEM gauge cause it doesnt datalog anything other than the wideband data unless they have a new version that i dont know about. whats the point of having a wideband if you cant use it to effectively tune your car?

Brian

u noob, don’t u know if u have a boost gauge, egt gauge, and wideband, your car automatically runs 10s?

I use a DynoJet wideband and I like it. I can datalog the AFR, RPM, and two other 0-5 inputs. It also has an output for a relay that can be set to any of the parameters.

I have used Innovative, not too bad. Nice gauge overall.

PLX appears to be decent for sure. Was pretty impressed with it at the PRI show in Orlando

AEM UEGO has been in 2 different cars of mine, and with the current sale price of $220 taxed and picked up from us here at Dezod. It’s second to none:

http://www.dezod.com/pd_aem_singlechannel_uego.cfm

In stock. Let me know if you need one.

lol. i must be doing something wrong then. :wink: i can datalog 3 k type thermocouples with my wideband… i should be running 8’s.

brian

this: http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63384 No real complaints, especially for the price.

Here what I don’t understand about 98% of WBO2 users…

its a tuning tool. Once your car is tuned, so long as it is well tuned, why keep running it?

Tune it, swap in a narrow band for $xx and call it a day. If you want to fiddle with tings, change it out with your on the shelf WB.

meh.

i leave it in so i can fiddle with closed loop af readings to make the car run leaner in vacuum with the simulated narrowband out.

Brian

eh, I’m never happy w/ my part throt driving tune…WOT is fine, but the majority of my driving is part throt…and that can always be optimized further… there are times where I’m like 20% throt at low rpm and my af is like 12:1 and im like :meh: my gas is wasting!

like reliant turbo just said, you can just unplug the factory o2, use the simulated 0-1v from the wb, and just have more info on ur hands

the joys of a huge table of values. it takes so long to dial in all the points on the map but it is more accurate

my old, simple ecu is much different. the tables are 2d and have a line with breakpoints and two axes. for fuel, it uses four of these 2d tables to define fuel. three calculated tables based on pressure/vacuum that assume 100% cyl filling (part, full and no throttle) and one based on RPM and a percentage that takes into account pumping efficiency to account for heads, cams, manifolds etc and scales the pressure table pulsewidth values. works pretty well for 1987 8 bit, 1mhz stuff. lol

Brian

okay so youre still fiddling thats understandable.

but my point is the people that mention (read: cry) about the price of sensors. While it was only broached here once, it happens all the time in WBO2 threads.

again, meh.

Well, I only mentioned that cuz they are fine for pump, but if you want a race gas tune, since the majority are leaded, they cut down on the o2 sensor’s life.

altho it was still kicking when i parted my car lol.

but yeah, some ppl don’t know that, get a WB using some gay sensor that’s not a cheap ass bosch and they get owned after they use race gas.

i think bosch’s are 60-80 these days…i used to get em for 40 each a few years ago

yeah mine was 37 when i bought it.

Brian

aem :tup: