What you think of this M100 [Lotus Elan]?

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/9573/picture003ul5.jpg

What is it worth?
1991 Lotus Elan
5 Spd
1.6L Turbocharged
19,000 miles
He said there are only 500 over here. do you believes so? 91mr2 chime in please lol

looks like a boxter ate a miata. kinda

with a hardtop? maybe… i don’t know… unless its very cheap i wouldn’t go for it. if you did, please get rid of those stock wheels :puke: reminds me of a Chrysler… but, hey do what you do and get what you want

FWD Lotus? Meh. 160hp Isuzu motor…meh.

Locutus…i was asking what its worth and wtf it is lol. i have no clue with it is.i never heard of the thing lol

ok… 4k with all service records shipped to my door. lotus’ arnt exactly your typical ford, we all know that… exotic and hard to find someone to work on it for a reasonable price. well at least where i come from. also, there were like 8 Elise’s in my region last year that were auto x’ing - all LEASED cars - they were tailored to the track and tailored home. 19k is a lot of autox :slight_smile: you get the point.

they made a kia version as well

:barf:

Garbage sums it up nicely.

lol

I think it proves all car companies have a Cimarron hiding somewhere in their closet.

whats so bad about this car? :gotme:

i dont know much about them…

These cars will go for upwards of 20-25K all day, given that mileage is accurate and the records are all legit. They’re actually really good cars, the engine is very reliable, and pretty much unstressed. I’ve been in a few, and drove a 91 similiar to this one a couple years back. It was an incredibly fun car, and I was shocked at how good it handled, being FWD. It didn’t push at all, very neutral. If I had unlimited funds, I’d snag one up pretty quick, haha.

Sam, nothing’s bad about this car at all. It is what it is. People like to hate though, I guess.

Junk. Just walk away

Just buy a Mercury Capri for $100.00 and buy a lotus badge for $100.

People like to sackride just to be on someones balls.

That is like saying "A tarus is what it is, people just like to hate though.:

:picard:

Ok asshole, what do you know about an Elan that makes it so bad? I’m rather curious.

I kinda like it it looks like a mini lambo :slight_smile:

Watch the flames start flyin

im interested too.

all i have seen in this thread is “oh, it looks like this” and “dont get it, its shit”.

why is it shit, what makes it suck so much? i think with different wheels, it would be a pretty sweet car to cruise around in, tune, up the boost, tweak the suspension, etc. :gotme:

different rims and a little lower and it’d be a cool car

If your desire is to be seen in a Lotus, and you can get it for less than a used Elise, then it’s a good car. However if your desire is something fun to drive and you don’t care about being seen in a Lotus, there are better cars for far less money.

It was not a bad car at all, but at $40,000 brand new it was completely out performed by cars costing less than half as much (Eclipse/Talon/Laser is one example). That’s why only 599 were sold in the US.

Unless it’s really cheap, I would skip.