FEELER: 2005 Lotus Elise

This is kind of a bummer, but since I’m going back to school in the fall I’m thinking it’s not going to be very practical to have 2 cars. I’m going to be looking for one car I can have fun with all year long, summer and winter. Probably another JCW MINI or a BMW 135i.

I just paid it off a few weeks ago (don’t have the lein release yet, but will soon), and I supercharged it a few weeks before that. It also has a new ACT HDSS clutch with less than 1,000 miles on it.

When I bought it there was some damage under the front grille. No one ever notices it so it never bothered me enough to get it fixed. There are some other little scratches too, nothing major. The interior is almost perfect with the exception of the seats and the steering, there are some decent wear marks on them. I have some room for negotiation because of this.

PLEASE do your research on these cars before you decide you’re interested. It is the furthest possible thing from a luxury sports car. It’s loud, obnoxious, and uncomfortable. There are rattles and squeaks but that’s just part of what the car is. It’s a (barely) street legal race car that can keep up with some sports cars that cost 5-10x as much.

Here’s all the info on the car…
http://www.nyspeed.com/showthread.php?239442-2005-Lotus-Elise&p=3463290#post3463290

Color: Storm Titanium
Transmission: 6-speed manual
Mileage: less than 48,000 but will slowly go up

I have a binder full of every part and service receipt I’ve had since I bought the car. Clean title, clean carfax, inspected until March 2014.

It’s crazy fast and it runs like a champ. It easily gets 30-35 mpg on the highway too.

Starting off at $32k OBO

Selling to buy my gti, nice drew! lol

Bummer man…

lol

It’s all good, I’ll have another one in a few years :slight_smile:

i would love to have one of these, glws

GLWS for a good seller.

Wish I could take on a little more debt right now, I would totally at least kick the tires on another go kart of yours lol.

Ugh god I love everything about this car. What were your payments per month when you were paying on it
?

Hahaha. Thanks man.

A little less than $400/month but I had a good down payment. If you were to finance the whole thing though I’m sure it would be in the $600 range.

Insurance is cheap for it surprisingly.

I like you dude, but silly question. It all depends on how much he put down, etc. On a 2005, at maybe 5 years MAX with 0 down… you’d be looking at $550-600 a month.

AMAZING CAR, no way I could swing it. GLWS Drewster.

EDIT: Beat me to it. :slight_smile:

:tup:

Is the build thread open to the public? Have a friend I would send this too.

Beautiful car man, I wish I didn’t have to spend so much on my house recently…

GLWS, surprised youre selling in order to go to school, changing careers?

It should be.

No career change, I just have to finish my Mechanical Engineering degree. I got a good job about half way through and put school on hold for a while.

I think I saw you in OP at 4pm yesterday, I was in the Black GTI next to you at the light. What a fantastic car! GLWS!

UB, this fall?

No shit, you are exactly in the same spot I am.

:tup: to that, and GLWS.

You know, my mom is going to be getting an Elise at some point, the timing is just not right at the moment though…probably in about 2 years…

It is a real shame…I think this one would be terrific for her…

With the blackforest sticker on the window? I love the Audi wheels you have on the car.

Well, Buff State actually. But I might change my mind by fall. I went to UB for a while and didn’t like it there at all.

I had a little bit of hope for the first part of that post lol. I’m hoping it stays in the area, there aren’t enough of them around here.

I’m going to Towne BMW today or tomorrow just to see what they would give me on a trade for a new BMW 135is. I’m sure they’ll lowball the hell out of me but I’m curious.

Well…maybe if we let her take a look at it, she could be convinced to move on one now…

You around tonight? Call me if you are…

Yep. Thanks! I work in the same office park as you. I see your car all the time.

I’m not in the market but would love to take it for a spin somtime on lunch… :slight_smile: