whats the best way to transfer files from old to new computer?

if he has alot of files or music, emailing will be one hell of a hastle…some email boxes have limits on send and recieve.

CompUSA has a product called “File Mover” after rebates it ends up free

http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=315284&pfp=srch1

you plug into both serial ports of the computers, install the software on your old one, and then just drag and drop onto the new one.

we got it at work for a few computers that didnt have and input devices. very good product.

28GB e-mail? :hsugh:

you forget, I’m as cheap as I am lazy… :hs:

if it’s xp you can’t share windows folders (not sure if he was trying to…) but program files and windows directories are not able to be shared by normal means

Free after reabte

i am actually getting pissed that you don’t just fucking IM it to yourself… it has the best throughput because you’re on the same router and it’s easy as fuck.

otherwise, do what i typed up… it’s not hard at all…

email to yourself!~??? fuck cable connections!!! that’s how shit works!!!

what in the fuck are you talking about?

yes the ‘ways’ to share a file between a xp pro workgroup and xp pro domain computer are different… but you can share whatever you want.

are you thinking xp home?

if you buy something to do what i already explained to do in more than 1 way, /yourself 4 evar

omg, you could have written an exe and sent it to him by now instead of typing out all that shit lol :gaysex:

must be what that is then

robocopy \192.168.0.4\c$ \192.168.0.5\e$ /SEC /MIR /R:2 /W:2

copy paste into notepad, save as bat file… put robocopy.exe off any win2k machine in the same location as the bat… that’s that. change e$ to the target drive you want.