whats the difference?

when looking to purchase new rotors, why does it make a difference if u have abs or not? i know its prob a noob question but i’d like to get it out of the way so now i know lol.

thanks

I think the ABS rotors are 5-10% bigger,

if u have abs and put non abs rotors on or vice versa, would that be bad?

They won’t fit properly.

ABS rotors are slightly larger in diameter as well as wider(thicker) and will grind when they get hot and are used with non ABS calipers. ABS calipers are larger and also use larger pads. You can convert to an ABS size system on your non ABS car but you need the ABS calipers, rotors, caliper brackets,caliper hoses and pads.

whats the easiest way to tell which rotors i need? cuz im not sure if my car originally came with abs or not, all i know is it doesn’t work now

well if you car has abs but doesn’t work get abs rotors. and if it doesnt have abs get non abs rotors

If you have a big ABS pump in your engine bay, on the passenger side firewall, you have ABS.

Look in your engine bay. Top left hand corner, if theres a big silver box with a bunch of lines coming out of it. You’ve got ABS. Looks like a little metal octopus :).

or easier way if you dunno what to spot for.

look at your master cylinder. if it has 3 lines coming out of it then it doesnt have abs.

if you have 2 lines coming out of the master cylinder then you have abs.