Brake caliper conversion

Hey…I have an '89 240 without ABS, I recently picked up a set of cross-drilled and slotted rotors which turned out to be for an ABS car. I didn’t think there would be a problem but now it seems to be rubbing somewhere. I was just curious if I could swap out the calipers from an ABS car or is there too much involved in that. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Vytas

You should have checked the part numbers to see if they differ… then once you see that they are indeed different, you would generally returned the un used rotors and picked up the correct kind.

Then again, who does that anymore?

The rotors were purchased from a friend of mine who had a 240 with ABS, he sold the car and I bought the rotors from him but I didn’t think ABS or non-ABS made a difference on rotors

Yep, theres a difference in the rotors and pads.

Would grinding the factory calipers help for the clearance issue or without the ABS electronics can I just put the ABS calipers on without any issues or are there different brackets? I just don’t want to get new rotors if I can go to a wreckin yard and pick up some cheap calipers.