whats up with unlocked phones???

im kinda looking for a new phone but i dont want to be limited to verizon phones. i see all types of unlocked phones but im not sure exactly what will work or how to get one to work if i end up buying one.

You have to get a CDMA phone with a “guaranteed clear ESN.”

Someone chime in, can you activate “Sprint” phones on Verizon?

AT&T and T Mobile use a different technology than Verizon/Sprint. AT&T = GSM = rest of the world. Verizon=CDMA=USA only. Since the market for GSM phones is the whole world, GSM service providers always have cooler phones. It sucks, but at least you have good service.

sigh

as of right now, you need a vzw branded phone if you want it to work on vzw

later on in the year, they are opening that up to “anything that will work on the network” once it has been tested.

the market for gsm isnt the whole world, but its a vast majority. plus there are different frequencies to keep in mind between here and the rest of the world, in both cdma and gsm

verizon ftl?

so once it gets opened up to anything that will work how will you get it activated or whatever? since verizon doesnt have a sim card.

so basically i can only use phones that are or at one time sold by verizon?

Only VZW phones Branded with VZW work in for verizon. Almost all others use sim cards.

my gf wants the pink chocolate, and while looking on ebay i saw this:

pic…http://www.noblespirit.com/2906/2503692/3.jpg

the new phones take sim cards?

cdma phones, which are a fair amount of phones, do not use sim cards.

the pink chocolate was right up there with the razr in terms of reliability. in that it has none.

im peacing out of this thread before i punch a baby though.

really? that many problems huh, its funny bc she is buying a new phone bc of the pos razr

Ugh. The argument that Verizon has the best network was valid 10 years ago. GSM has improved significantly in this area.

Give POS Verizon the boot and get with a GSM provider (AT&T).