What's your OS?

So what’s your favorite OS? Doesn’t necessarily have to be what you’re using right now. I personally have had everything at least up and running on my computer ranging from Winblows 98 to Solaris Unix. My favorite has been Mandrake Linux. I’ve used it off and on since their 6.1 release, and it’s always offered a decently user friendly alternative to windoze. I’m trying Ubuntu right now, but I don’t like it. Despite it’s user friendly interface, it behaves like a beta release. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. XP’s been decent since I’ve found a stable hardware configuration, but it’s given me so much grief with mildly questionable setups that I will forever hate Microsoft.

Mac OS? :rofl:

So what’s your favorite?

XP

Mac OS. It does everything I want it to and rarely puts up a fight. The hardware is awesome and things just work.

I liked NetBSD when I was running it, it was a pretty cool experience for that year or two. FedoraCore5 has only been a pain in my ass, but I’m not blaming the distro so much as the hardware I’ve been given to run it with. SunOS5.8 hasn’t impressed me yet, but I keep waiting for something to pop up to make it stand out and not suck…it doesn’t help that the main machine I run with that OS has been through it’s paces for far too long and is a total basket case. Server2003 has been good to me, it’s another instance of just working. XP…meh, not bad, not great, ran it for a long long time.

Mac OSX 10.4.6 on the dell laptop

XP Fundamentals/Ubuntu on the desktop

only unix person here :frowning:

| + grep FTW

xp - will be linux this winter

What unix? I definitely didn’t vote for it, but | grep basically defines my life. :-p

XP 64 Bit Edition…

kubuntu

Desktop: XP
Server: Win2k

XP

XP pro on all my computers at the moment

Should have made the poll multiple choice.

or since favorite OS means one… leaving it like this is perfect

god i’ve been up too long… i’m sry for being an asshole

xp 4 now. soon to be vista

Vista RTM 64-bit.

I’m gay… Mac OSX…
I’m so gay that I get no viruses, pop-ups, spyware, crashes, agrivating hardware installation… I hate it.

XP Pro, Advanced Server 2003, BeOS (kinda)

XP Pro…

im running xp on all 4 of my computers