Wheel Bearings

Been dumping tons of money and my time into maintenance on my truck in the past two weeks.
Front and Rear brakes, trans fliud flush, oil change, new upstream o2 sensor, new tires, and a few other things.

Picking up my vette on friday and all of this needed maintance came at a shitty time. In my travels in the past couple of days and doing brakes last night, ive noticed that the drivers side wheel bearing is no good.
This will be the second wheel bearing ive replaced on this truck.

Anyone have extensive experience with the different brands of bearings from local auto shops (advance, pepboys, napa etc…) Price range is basically 120-130 or 200-225. Im leaning towards the cheaper end of the spectrum, and usually i trust parts from napa, but i dont want a junk bearing that i will have to pull off and replace in another 4months. Thanks for any help.

If you don’t want to replace it in 4 months, go get one from GM. I could hook you up on the price if you are paying cash :slight_smile:

i got a delco one last time! i am strapped for time is the problem, i need my truck. normally id just head out to united on rte 50 and pick up a delco bearing, i tried calling and they didnt answer like 4 times.

What kind of hook up are we talking here wayne and when can you get it? lol

pm motherfucker. you have it.

why’s it eating so many bearings dude?

pm returned…and probably a combination of plowing/driving with the plow on, driving like an asshole, the hub’s commonly go bad on these trucks, and the mileage, truck has just under 100kmi on it now…

my guess is this thing is gonna kick me in the balls for repairs everytime i turn around for the next 10kmi or so. Shits gonna fall apart until i replace it, then its gonna be good for like another 30kmi or 40kmi. Thats how it goes.

Try United on Watt street behind the gym.

get the national bearing from advanced and be done with it ,after install trq it to 175 and walk away .ya use ANY other bearing or any other trq you will be screwed

Does the cheapie come with a decent warranty? If so I’d get it, and at least if it breaks again you won’t have to pull out your wallet in order to repair it

its not a 30 min task to change em ,that and when they go bad the abs goes nuts ,therfoore resulting in accidents cause the truck dont stop

FIXED!!!

I used to replace these things all the time. I worked on fleet trucks and vans. They really are pretty weak. They are really sensitive to overloading. If you run around with lots of weight in the truck, expect to replace them a lot more. Like John said, not a fun job…

i fixed em for him last night .he said he couldnt get the bolts out ,fuckin weak bitch my air ratchet did it no problem lololol

LOL

john gettin it done