Wheel Clearance

I have 15" steelies for winter but I have the Z32 26mm calipers. Anyone know with a 5mm spacer if they’ll work?

with factory 15" 7 spokes i believe u can get away with only 5mm… whats the offset on those steelies?

my friend has 2 of the 7 spokes for sale…

Just a little off topic here, but how much did the Z32 brake conversion set you back?

Well let me see here, I got rebuilt calipers on ebay, got em powdercoated, used Powerslot rotors with hawk pads with PDM custom lines plus all the springs, stupid 5 dollar a piece bleeder screws, $70 F*****in shim kit, pins and stuff. So hmmm probabaly around 500-600 dollars?

Great, thanks. :lol:

EDIT: You didn’t have to do the 5 lug swap did you?

back on track though, anyone know if they’ll clear. I don’t have access to air tools so I’m kinda screwed for checking myself

I don’t know…but when I was researching clearance for my caliper upgrade I found most people said the smallest rim size you could use is a 16"

And I don’t have air tools either but it is really easy to check it out. I have done it twice to check for clearance and it only took like 30minutes to take off the rim, take off the calipers, put on the new disc and caliper, and put the rim on, check for clearance, then put everything back. really easy, all you need is a basic ratchet set!

And in regards to the earlyer question, I picked up a complete skyline GTR brake upgrade for my silvia for about $600.(GTR has bigger disks than the Z32) I have a 5lug conversion allready, but if you don’t you will need to drill the rotor for a 4lug or upgrade to a 5lug for it to fit.

a 7 spoke OEM wheel fits and other other one works with a spacer.

Well turns out its a big negative on the steelies, even with a larger then 5 mm spacer, so DON"T TRY IT!