Wheel refinishing

Hey I want to powder coat my wheels, but that requires me to do two things. One, I need to remove all of the stock paint. Anyone know where I can get them acid dipped or something to remove it all? Secondly, I have a dent in one of my wheels, its not that bad, but if im refinishing I would like to have it removed. Anyone know of anyone that does this? I’ve heard of a place in like Columbus, but i dont remember their name. Anyone local?

Thanks guys

My wheels were sandblasted and powdercoated at AMF: http://www.amfcoatings.com/AMF_HOME.htm

:stupid:

i heard good things about AMF

We have a powder coating oven. I just need to get them prepped. I’ve heard good things about them as well, but I’d rather do it myself.

Jason @ AMF will media blast them if that is all you want. His powdercoating skills are excellent though.

I don’t doubt, but we’ve been getting pretty good, and its waaaaay cheaper if i do it.

yes sir… i was going to do my own until he gave me the price quote that he did… i was like hell i won’t bother fing with it for the price he gave me. plus i don’t have any of the stuff… i’m a guy who would rather buy the tool than pay the labor usually.

Just called him, def something im gonna consider.

bringin up a dead thread but question is at AMF with the dismount and remount the tires ir am I responsible for doing that.

Thanks for the info guys

yes, you have to take only the wheels to him. (dis)mounting is your deal.

my 15" wheels were $160 cash. that seems tough to beat for a quality job.

They’ll def. get my business when I’m ready to get my 16’s powdercoated. heard nothing but good things and seen their results.

yeah they are going to get mine too once i figure out how to do it since i dont have an extra set of wheels

turn around time on the wheels is pretty damn quick so your car will only be down for a couple of days.

I dont have the jack stands and the trust to leave it on jack stands for a week or so. thats the problem

looks like it’s time to buy a set of winter wheels :slight_smile:

not even worth it. Dont drive the cars except on weekends, I walk to my office. Everyday

good god man. where do you live that you can do that?

it’s always nice to have a second set of wheels and tires. do you have any lancer buddies that could loan you a set?

nah just moved back to the area dont really know many people. Im on the north shore, bout 12-15 min walk to work very nice.

well if u can walk to work, then y dont u get ur self a set of Jack Stands , take the wheels off, have a friend or family member give u a ride to take the wheels up to get done ?