Wheelie pic from Sunday

This was a wild ride. :smiley: I had fun Sunday and it was great meeting new faces. :slight_smile:

Originally posted by Tom the roofer
This was a wild ride. :smiley: I had fun Sunday and it was great meeting new faces. :slight_smile:

thats f’in nice!!!

:cool:

that was the run against me :frowning:

Originally posted by Silver_WS6
that was the run against me :frowning:

:owned: :rofl:

what was the 1/4 mile time?

10.07 to 12.51

:eek3:

10.07 to 12.51

and tom the roofer said that he was havin spark problems up on the top end and had to shut off at the 1000ft mark or that would have been a 9sec run.

Originally posted by flyinglow57
and tom the roofer said that he was havin spark problems up on the top end and had to shut off at the 1000ft mark or that would have been a 9sec run.

Yes, It was breaking up at about 7200 rpm and I let off just after the 1000’. On that run I let up 1/2 throttle for a bit to keep the MPH up. On that run I also let up for a split second just to straighten the car up. I was headed to the wall. If you look close I’m heading left for quite abit. It went left at the launch then went left even more for a bit. Duh I posted a pic and not the video :confused:

The run before that was a 10.01 at 123.53 letting off the gas completely when it broke up.

It’s a really wierd problem. Twice I changed the plugs and both times all 4 plugs on the drivers side were sooty black FAT and all 4 plugs on the passinger side were perfect.

The experts tell me the Accel gen7+ DFI is ground sensitive. This week I added (1) #2 ground wire on each cylinder head to the wheel well. Made sure all the paint was ground off and grounded good with electrical grease.

Then I checked the main battery ground and found the bolt was not very tight. Not loose but took very little effort to loosen it. I mean very little. I took the cable off and found RUST at the connection point from the eyelet to the frame. Well I cleaned everything up and decided to get a #1 ground wire to replace the #2 ground wire and when I tried to pull the existing #2 wire through the grommet in my sealed battery box the eyelet connection pulled off pretty easy.

I have it fixed up now and I hope this was the problem. If not I will ground all the coil packs.

Brian, PewterSS. You had the FAST DFI. I hear that is ground sensitive also. Did you ever experience the symtoms I am? Do you think I have found the problem? Please give me your opinion. BTW I am interested in the black interior :smiley:

Tom

we have gen 7 accell!!!it seems to be ok!!!call me on the int.

PM me your phone number.

sweet…i won’t tell you what that pic. does to me. lol

Originally posted by LS1 babe

:cool: :wink: :bigok:

Originally posted by LS1 babe
:eek:

thats alright it does the same thing to me and i got to see it in person.

10.07 to 12.51
:eek3: