WHEELS

alright guys…

i was at my tire shop today.

this place is the best out there bar none.

they do every police car in the region and ALL the drag cars. they wre throwing out $400 tires that were basically new all day long…

when i was there having my tires mounted i saw him mounting slicks on a set of 16 inch WELD rims…

i have a question to ask;

why the FUKK are were lusting after VOLK . SSR . ADVAN etc???

those Welds were like 16 x 7 maybe and weighed WAY LESS than 10lbs. i would be surprised if they were more than 7lbs.

they were polished hard and were SOOOOOOOOO SEX…

i dont care what anyone says:

http://www.weldracing.com/Weld_Racing/wheels/258_sidewinder.shtm

those wheels are sexier than my impuls, especially if they weight what that rim weighed. holy shit.

matt has it right with his cragars i think… i just cant see spending $$$ on JDM tytness when you can find some hick with old WELDS liek ths for cheap…

i was unbeleivably impressed.

whats the offset?
and what bolt pattern is avail?

The ones you posted aren’t that nice looking, they look like domestic drag
rims…

They are crazy light though…

^^^

that is the point.

the bolt patterns are slightly different, but the old mustangs had a 4 bolt set up that we can use and the newer mustangs have a 5 bolt set up that S14’s can run…

if i see a set of pro-star racelites in 4 bolts ANYWHERE i am running those.

i would drop 8lbs on every corner, and my wheels are lite to begin with.

btw,

for all the guys running 16’s

the police use goodyear eagle RS-A’s i think in 225 / 60 / 16

that is a slightly higher aspect ratio that we want, but if you want cheap used tires i can get them all day long.

no less than 7 / 32’s of tread, and patches they can do.

by cheap i am thinking like $30 - $40 per tire mounted and balanced

Bing those rims look like they came off a chevy 1/2 ton PU…they have the dish but not the raw sex appeal of a nice imported rim.

Yes the do have the dish. But the prices are about the same are they not? Still $1200+ for 16s.

sex appeal is entirely subjective.

i would try and get the pro-stars but i bet they only come in 5 bolt.

they are half the weight and top quality, or in other words functional, not like you know… grain?

fyi i tried 4 bolt mustangers and they didnt fit

My wheel of choice, Watanabe R Type 15x8/9 in magnesium are 11lbs and damn ugly :slight_smile: