Where are the jobs at in PGH????

Anybody see any jobs in Pittsburgh lately? I’m looking for a job in engineering but all I see is :down:. From what i see in other big towns, Pittsburgh is the sh*t and i’d hate to leave. I guess i should have been a nurse :crying:

go to denver!

Originally posted by FORD03GT
Anybody see any jobs in Pittsburgh lately? I’m looking for a job in engineering but all I see is :down:. From what i see in other big towns, Pittsburgh is the sh*t and i’d hate to leave. I guess i should have been a nurse :crying:

i dunno. i have a friend who’s in electrical engineering at Penn State…don’t engineers make a ton of cash?

it ranges from 35-60k…i got an offer for 47 for the state of R.I. but i’d go to 35 to stay around here. I’d go lower but got $40k in loans and a car payment :wink:

What type of engineering? Bachelor’s degree? Where have you looked? When do you graduate? What’s the integral of x^2? :slight_smile:

Originally posted by Jeff95TA
What type of engineering? Bachelor’s degree? Where have you looked? When do you graduate? What’s the integral of x^2? :slight_smile:

Chemical, Manufacturing, Petroleum, Fuel Cell, Power generation is what i’m qualified for. Bachelor’s…I’ve put resumes in a bunch of places. Graduate in May 04’…it’s (x^3)/3…:cool:

it’s (x^3)/3…:cool:

very good you get an A in math 140. now the question is.

explain the pigion hole theory. math 310

Originally posted by flyinglow57

explain the pigion hole theory.

thats where all LT1’s should be…

If we must put N+1 or more pigeons in N holes, then some pigeon hole must contain two or more pigeons. :confused:

:beer:

Chemical, Manufacturing, Petroleum, Fuel Cell, Power generation is what i’m qualified for. Bachelor’s…I’ve put resumes in a bunch of places. Graduate in May 04’…it’s (x^3)/3…:cool:

my boy was wicked smart graduated pitt engineering school with honors, and a real bullshitter (ie. does well in interviews) he joined the peace corp after a few months with no luck :burnout:

i’m a dual CS/ Business major and landed an internship the summer after freshman year. There are definatly things out there, just have to find them.

i had a job with 2 years of a Bach started… got another job without graduating yet… i must be a good bullshitter?

Originally posted by turbovw18
i had a job with 2 years of a Bach started… got another job without graduating yet… i must be a good bullshitter?

no you just

:bj:

Originally posted by Shaggy
no you own me

:owned:
yup

Chemical, Manufacturing, Petroleum, Fuel Cell, Power generation is what i’m qualified for.
Sorry, not my area - can’t offer any advice.

Did you Co-op? That is by far your best chance at getting a job. Had I not co-oped I’m sure I still would not have a job today. You almost have to know somebody to get a job in engineering right now.

My company used to be one of the largest co-op employers for Pitt engineering students. They would routinely hire Pitt grads every year. Now, it has been almost 3 years since they’ve had any co-ops, or hired any entry level engineers outside of the company.

Try DuPont (not sure about a Pittsburgh location), or Westinghouse (there is a new Westinghouse branch opening in the waterfront sometime, if it hasn’t already).

Who’s Westinghouse? Oh, you mean British Nuclear Fuels/ Curtis Wright/ Siemens/ Bombardier/ can’t remember the others. :wink:

Siemens is pretty big (power generation), but it sounds like you’re trying to stay in the area.

Ah, sorry Jeff I forgot there is 20 billion Westinghouse… it’s a Siemens Westinghouse I believe. They built a brand-new building down in the waterfront.

I though I heard someone mention they weren’t going through with it though. Not sure. I’ll have to ask around. It would be nice to have another business here - the area could use it.