Where can i buy 1.75" OD 4130 Chromoly locally?

Looking for 1.75 OD 4130 Chromoly, .095 or .120 wall thickness for my roll cage.

Where can i find this locally? Albany steel doesn’t have it.

Metal supermarket?

My brother works at metal supermarkets. he said they do not have any there but he can get it. Go and see him. His name is Steve

Any reason you are using ChroMo? What rules are you building to? Have you built a cage before?

Do this best option locally

That material is WAY WAY overkill unless you’re building a tube chassis. You can use .095 1.75 DOM for most cars up to 3600lbs. The point of using 4130 material is to be able to stick with lighter wall material for your car’s weight class in any given sanctioned body event and not sacrifice strength. If this is a street car going in for HPDE, you should be using DOM so that when you inevitably stuff the car lightly, you can rebuild the damaged portion of the cage. 4130 is very quirky in any wreck that imparts energy transfer into the cage. Does it’s job very well but must be thoroughly x-ray or ultra sound tested after. Most of the time you end up scrapping the cage and/or the chassis. I still have all my ultra sound gear here to test tube chassis because of this.

4130 in anything other than a full motorsport cage/chassis or a tube chassis is just wasted money. there is no benefit to using it unless you’re into a full blown racing chassis, like Morgans cars for his team, or have a bug up your ass to save every last bit of weight. and if that’s the case .095 x 1.75 4130 is not the tubing you should be after.

what car is this for, what racing are you planning, and what are your intentions with it(complete race, street car+ HPDE, etc, etc)

x2 on what boxer is saying. plus, arent you supposed to heat treat it after you weld up the cage?

I get my tube from Klein steel. They usually have a better price than kivort or albany. Not sure if they have chromo, I used DOM and HREW in my truck

This is just for a street car to increase rollover safety mostly(s2000). Some place in schenecady wanted 300- for 18.5’ of chromoly, no thanks. I think I am going to stick to DOM 1.75OD .095 wall. I’ve built cages before but never for a full size car. I’ve built cages/frames for Baja and formula cars in SAE. I will be starting this cage sometime next week.