I need a 6-point roll bar

Is anyone locally doing these for a DECENT price? Or should I just order a kit and offer one of my welding savvy friends some $$$ to install it. S&W moly kit will be about $500 shipped and figure 200-300 install. So If anyone locally can build one for close to that price id love a better fitting piece and to help local business. Any help would be appreciated.
Car is a 1993 RX-7

Thanks,
Andrew

Paul @ PMP did a 4 point for me that turned out real nice, i bascially told him exactly how I wanted it though.

PM Performance
108 Sawyer
Tonawanda, NY 14150
553-8445 —Paul

u dont need a cage running 11s

HAHAHAHAHA

Thanks,
Jacks

You shut your whore mouth!!!

Whatever you do, dont use whoever did Newman’s cage, or Em’s EVO. So bad.

Dan

Dillinger… not cheap

Dillingers Escape Plan? LOL

Paul did mine. Dropped the car off late Friday night, it was done on tuesday for the most part but he had to patch a few holes in my floors (9 rochester winters) which held him up. It’s full-chromoly, tucked in very tight to the door panels and very tight to the roof. There’s no way my helmet can hit at all. For my car he needs about 28 feet of tubing for a 6-point. I’d assume your car would use a little bit less. Chromoly is not very cheap, but the weight savings are huge. My cage is exactly 46lbs, the wolfe weld-in DOM steel cage for my car is 80-85lbs. The tubing will run you an extra $200ish which isn’t too bad. I’ll take some pics next time I get around to it.

Jason vitez if you want the best. Vic puglia also does great work and he’s reasonable

:word:

Vic does great work :tup:

I have already talked to vic. Not interested in that price. Not saying its not great work just at that price id rather explore alternatives.

what are you planning to run!?!?!

LOL i dont know it goes 11.0 on the motor still not final funed and some more stuff to do. I am setting a GOAL of 10.7 NA but I just need the 6-point anyhow. better safe then sorry. I have a nitrous kit that I will probably start spraying sometime late season. So whatever an 11.0+150-200 shot car runs in better air. So 10.8 at 140? HAHA

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

Also I want to have a nice custom carpet made throughout the car to finish off the interior. Which I need to do after cage so I dont have to cut up someones nice work. After some time driving I just think the car is too nice to not get finished 100% and if cage and carpet add 100lbs I can live with that.

lol @ 10.8… 11… is impressive in itself, whats it weigh? hp/tq numbers?

Weighs around 2700lbs no clue on hp. 400na 600bottle? best guess. I would say the car would be capable of high 9s on the bottle. But that in no way implies I will get it there and certainly do not expect it this season. All i know is I need a 6-point before i can find out wassap!!!

Just to add a little info here, you will need a 5-point harness. Pay the $150ish and get the ones with the cam-lock release mechanism. The cheapo ones (they all make them) that cost $65-$75 are the old clumsy latch style. I have the wraparound shoulder belts which means they don’t actually “mount” to the back bar with a latch. They simply wraparound it and clasp. It makes it easy to swap to another car if need be. PepBoys (yeah i know) makes a VERY lightweight replacement style carpet that comes in rolls of 6’x 9’ for like $25. You need a can of spray adhesive. It is VERY moldable and easy to apply. A “new” carpet done this way will weigh around 10lbs if that. You also need a fire resistant jacket at that ET level, and an extinguisher, lol. Just keep the wallet open.

:tup:

Good to know, I’m headed down the same path as drew, got somemore items for the xmas list now.

Why not get an autopower weld in and DIY?

Paul definetly does good work! I have seen many of his cages and every single one is a tight fit along with quality work!