Where can I find red translucent paint?

So I bought a set of these, for $145 shipped (thanks Bing!)

And I need translucent red paint to make them into these…

http://img488.imageshack.us/my.php?image=0117rc.jpg
http://img488.imageshack.us/my.php?image=a619qi.jpg

Actually I need to know where to buy good bodywork sandpaper and suplies also. My hatch spoiler and non-functioning wiper have GOT to go.

Just for kicks here’s a sweet MSpaintCHOP I did of the lights on my car. :oops: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/2003specv/pic.jpg

I have a can that I got at Canadian tire, but when I bought it they said it was discontinued and they wouldn’t be getting more in. They might be worth a try though

I know Rona and Home Depot have it, but its a darker red and doesn’t look as nice.

Go to Wallmat and get the candy apple red car model paint. Its on the car model section. I used it on my truck taillights to change the color of the amber to red. Ask anyone who was seen them, you wouldnt know they were amber. It is what everyone on nissanminis.com recomond. You can put on some clear coat after if you want but i never did and they look pimp. Any paint you use will fad over time so you will have to repaint them,

I don’t know if I want to use model paint on something that will be outdoors for most of it’s life. I will clear it though. Anyone else? How about body shop supplies?

I do know…Use it.

You want prof? come see my taillights or check this out…I know what im talking about:

http://www.nissanminis.com/viewtopic.php?t=39517&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

A quote from the guy who did these ones:

“just used the testors red candy paint from Wal Mart”

hmmmmmmm…interesting. Im just here to help you out and answer your question. Put on a few light coats and some clear are your good to go. You wont spend more than $10.

Good luck finding something that works as good as this stuff for $3 a can… :?

No dude, I’m not dimissing what you’re saying. I appreciate the help, I was just wondering if there was an automotive type paint for this. I’m sure that you can understand that I don’t want this to mess this up.

If I can’t find anything else I’ll end up using this. Nice Nissan backup lights. :stuck_out_tongue:

Now, about the bodywork supplies…

I used paint I got at CT, it was made for stained glass. I didnt clear it and it faded away within a week or two. The paint was for staining glass.

I guess I won’t buy stained glass paint then huh? :E

I used ‘Krylon’ brand stained glass paint and it lasted for a year with only very minor fade. That was with 3-4 light coats. I washed the car about twice a week too so it stands up to pressure washing just fine. :thumb
Also tryed it on my buddies accord, but we clear coated them as well, and the clear just gave them a frosty look :vom:

I would go the tried and tested route of the model paint if I were you. Just because it’s made for model cars, doesn’t mean it won’t stand up to car washes/rain etc. If others are using it with good results, you should be set!

I suppose. And if I don’t clear it I can respray if they turn crappy. silvia_s13, did you clear the testors?

And I can’t check that link, I need to be signed in.

You can also buy a rice dispenser from TnT for like 15 bucks

Yeah? And you can eat my ass. :finga:

If your ass is made out of some sweet sweet rice

i will dispense it and eat it…

but come on now … ebay painted replica koukis :confused: … might as well save up for 2-3 more months and get the real deal

Screw that shit. I don’t need JaYDeeM TyT3 taillights. I don’t even like the Koukis anyway, I like these ones (painted of course). I don’t need to save for shit, I could buy a dozen sets of koukis anytime I wanted. IMO these look better.

hahahah … whatever buddy …

It’s my fucking car anyway, what do you care?

those look killer painted. unpainted, :vom:. i like koukis better but honestly for the price these look almost as good and aren’t so ridic in price. post pics when its done!

Ya Post pics wen uve got it finished, i really like the looks of those, and the testors model paint should give u a nice deep color. another thing u might want to do, its alot of work, but u will never have to respray them, is to open them and paint the lenses from the inside then reseal them again. Just a thought, but G/L watever u decide.

True

Yeah I was thinking about it. We’ll see when I get them this week, depends of how they are put together.