where do I get an ipod fixed?

Today my ipod Classic decided it only wants to play music out of one speaker. I thought it was the adapter in my van but then I tried my headphones and it did the same thing. It worked fine this morning and at the gym last night so I don’t understand the issue.

If I pull up on the plug a little the headphones will work but wont stay working due to movement.

Does anybody fix these things? Probably something simple but definitely something Id fuck up with my clumsy ape hands.

I think MillzB5 said something about fixing small electronics. No idea how good he is though.

What model/generation/size?

I might already have the part you need. If I don’t I can order it for pretty cheap. Some of the casings are a real bitch to take apart but overall they’re not to complex.

You pop the back off, and theres barely any parts inside. The part you’d need to replace is probably 15$ or less, and is held in by 2 screws.5th gen and lower are relatively easy to take apart, my 6th gen wasn’t hard, just held in REALLY good, so I basically ruined the casing taking it apart, but you can buy an entire housing on ebay for like 25$ or less, so at the end of the day for about 35$ or so you can do it yourself. PM me if you want and I can point you to all the parts and videos to help you fix it, or I can fix it for you for cheap.

If it’s a 6th gen, I use mine as an external hard drive/media holder for my touch screen, so you can even have the headphone jack out of that one if its the same generation.

lol as I was typing

Singh

Its a Classic. About a year old.

Well if you want to meet up and leave it with me, I can take a look at what you need and give you an accurate price. As for parts, guessing you have the 7th gen classic, here’s what you need:

Here’s the video:
[ame]http://youtu.be/ILd9AqzLW60[/ame]

6th and 7th gen are the same, and honestly for the under 10$ part, totally worth ordering it and trying yourself. If you want it done for you, I’ll do it for 40$.

I can totally see myself fucking that up.

Id be ok with having you do it. No idea the generation, just a black 160gb Classic.

I wont be around at all tomorrow. Maybe Sunday?

I’d have to meet up with you during next week. Going on a camping trip until Sunday night

oh, ok. Not a huge deal.

PJB, I paid you for this IPod last month and now you’re claiming its broken?! I want my $150 back!

what in the fuck?

$150? I paid him $200 just last week! Where’s my iPod?

I had no idea this shit happened on a local level.
He probably spent the money on an infrared temp gun.

This is pretty bad, we need to report this bastard.

Spent the money? He borrowed mine and I haven’t heard from him since!