Where do you guys get your alignments?

I’m looking to get my alignment done since I’ve installed toe bolt, camber arms, and nismo springs…

I’m looking for laser alignment as I don’t believe the old school weird looking thing anymore.

Looking for decent price as well…

BTW, anyone know the OEM alignment specs for 350Z? Thanks…

I and a couple of other Z owners took our cars to Vincent Auto Service at 25 Heritage Rd.

(905) 471-8111

here’s the map.

http://local.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=25+heritage,+markham,+on&ie=UTF8&z=15&ll=43.87222,-79.279962&spn=0.014479,0.045319&om=1&iwloc=addr

he uses some lasers taht’s mounted onto the rim, so I think that’s what you’re looking for. He’s got alignment specs on file in the machine he uses, so no need to look for specs.

He charges $80 tax in for the work, and I was in and out in 40 minutes.

Gilman auto in Scarborugh… great guys and know what they are doing… shop is a little messy but they are awesome and are hardcore track guys…talk to Raymond… 416-289-1388…

This is just the thread I was looking for.
So any more possibilities guys?

My car drifts like crazy with any imperfection in the road and it swings to the right when I do any hard braking. Not pulling, but it just swings
I changed the entire front suspension to that off a Japanese Front clip but I need an alignment

Now every shop is telling me that they can’t do it because the car is lowered and it doesn’t get on their hoist.

I would go with noodle’s suggestion. I plan on getting mine checked there.

Good to hear that you got the Z back on the road.:slight_smile:

the guys at gilman are serious track guys…they can give you ANY setting they want…

I went to Vincent’s Auto for my alignment. One-man shop, but does the job quick and without any problems.

I tried calling them but they are closed and don’t have a voicemail telling me when they are open etc. Do you know if it is computer/laser alignment that they do there?

I talked to someone there last night. He said he will probably have time today at around 10am to do it.
He started questioning me and how I found out that they can do alignments as if he had no interest in it. I told him that he was referred off a website from a 350Z guy with a lowered car and rims. Then he started drilling me about if my car is lowered, etc etc. He says he can’t do lowered cars but he’ll try mine.
He can do lowered cars, right?

^ david’s ride is lower’d so I dont see a problem…

PCPROA,

How low is your car? heheh,is it slammed?:slight_smile:

No slamming. Just a mild drop. 1.5" in the front, 1" in the back

I just came from Vincent Auto Service.
The car drives just like I remembered it. The handling and road response is dead on. It’s crazy what a degree difference makes in toe/caster/camber

I experienced the exact same thing that I do with just about any monitary asian interaction.
I get there, the guy looks at me as if I’m stupid because he believes I’m not asian. Then he tries his best to outsmart me in every way. Money/Experience etc etc, even though I’m paying him to work on my car.
Then at the end he asks me for my name and information to make an invoice… He says: “No no no… can’t be… :S Your last name is CHUNG??? That Chinese last name… nooooooooooooooo. You lie”
Okay buddy, look at my drivers lisence, my health card, any other form of identification.
And more: “Hmmmm you don’t look Chinese. I never guess”
After that we were shooting the shit together as he took my car off the hoist.
He’s a good guy, I just hate that most asians do that.

Anyway, he has the exact same equipment that everyone else has so I figured he would tell me that he can’t do it, but he was actually smart about it and put two extra blocks on the ramp so it the front bumper wouldn’t hit when it was driving up.
He charged me $114 taxes in and everything. I could’ve given him $100 no tax but $14 extra gets me an invoice, a warranty and history for other vehicles.

^what are you then? LOL

I got charged cheaper than that… but no invoice and still less than $100. But he kinda gave me a deal after I told him who referred me there. Another 350Z owner lol.

Yeah, his english’s little fobby, gotta excuse him for that… even I had little trouble communicating since my chinese isn’t fluent

HAHAH!

I’m Chinese… Jamaican Chinese.

I told him who referred me there at the beginning. He said he didn’t know. At the end he mentioned something about it. At any point I didn’t care, I just wanted to get it done and he was one of the only ones to tell me he could do my car.

…so do they only give deals to 350Z owners? what if i were to go to that place…

i’m in dire need of an alignment… having this rental for a week, i’m used to driving with a straight steering wheel… lol

i need an alignment aswell, however i have adjustable upper control arms, could the guys are gillman adjust the camber so that its even aswell??

to tell you the truth guys, one of the best alignments I got on my car was at Sherway Nissan. My car is lowered, with a full multilink setup and they did it properly.

Another great place is Wheel & Tire Zone up in Brampton/Mississauga (410 & Courtney Park). They work on BMW’s, Porsches, Audi’s etc… they’ll do a nice alignment as well