WHERE MY NERDS AT. (another computer thread)

Thinking about getting a desktop. I have an account with Dell, so planning on getting it from there. Here the specs on the one I’m looking at, just want some other opinions.

XPS 8300

Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64Bit, English

Intel® Core™ i7-2600 processor(8MB Cache, 3.4GHz)

12GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz - 4 DIMMs

Dell Wireless Desktop Keyboard & Mouse

Dell ST2420L 24"W Full HD Monitor, 24.0 VIS, VGA Cable supplied only

AMD Radeon™ HD 6670 1GB DDR5

500GB - 7200RPM, SATA 3.0Gb/s, 16MB Cache

2 USB 3.0 ports

Single Drive: 16X CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) w/double layer write capability

THX® TruStudio PC™

Dell 1520 WLAN PCIe card with11n mini-Card & internal antenna

Is ~$1200 a good price for this??

yea dude great price get it done!!!11

^ This kid is high as a fucking kite.

Similar specs to my Sager laptop that was about same price. Mines a better vid card, bigger hdd, more ram… Idk Im not a Dell fan… But if you have to go through them, I did have an Alienware before this that I did not have one problem with for 5 years straight. So I am a lot of help. But yes solid specs for the price.

STOP.

Jesus, your laptop is a beast lol.

The Alienware is too expensive so that’s a no go. I feel like this computer is a pretty good price considering it includes a decent size HD, LED monitor

ಠ_ಠ

nolan?

Ban pete.

death you sketch ball text me back

Im not picking you up and carting your ass around.

pete?

:rofl

How much more do they charge you for a BluRay drive? Thats the only thing I kinda wish I had ordered on it. And I need a beast lappy cause all I do is game. Seriously.

It’s $117 :confused: I don’t think I’d really use it anyways…

Well it will def photo edit quick, I can vouch for that i7 processor. You better get CounterStrike, or Battlefield 3, or Team Fortress 2 (That ones free) :lol

:rofl Maybe Battlefield 3, I know a few other people with it on PC

I wanna buy this right now so bad, I’m scared though… lol. EVERYtime I make a purchase like this, I see it the next day half price or a new version comes out :lol

Yeah but thats always the case. They had a $100 rebate on the pc I bought a week later… and my tv I bought last year for 600 is now 200 new… its just how it goes lol

Fuckin’ technology, such a pain in the ass haha

Spend about 700 less and get a mid range laptop to do your basic bullshit on…

buy/build a ballin desktop

Unless you travel a lot and game or do a shit ton of video/graphics work… its an absolute waste of money to spend that much on a laptop.

Its a desktop, already have a “just to bullshit” laptop

Ahh idk why i just assumed laptop… guess i’ve been dealing with a lot of fucktards lately looking to spend a grand plus on laptops and saying they can just upgrade it down the road :facepalm

When ti comes to desktops, I guess I just prefer built ones, just because its generally more cost effective for what you get, but its a good machine

Thing you need to remember about the size of the drive and price etc is that hard drives are catching a premium now and its starting to reflect in PC prices a bit

The only thing I’d bump up is the video card to the 560ti… but if you dont do any heavy gaming i woudlent worry about it the 6870 is a great card

Its a great PC no doubt, would deff be a few bucks cheaper to build yourself, but if you have an account and like just having to worry about small payments then go for it! its deff not a bad deal