Where to buy: A Decent Computer

i’ve built 900-1.4mhz computers for $100

if you suck at computers, just go on ebay and get a dell 400sc. Their cheap, effective, and easily add-onable

if your good at computers, go on ebay/fatwallet/anantech FS boards/newegg refurb/zipzoomfly and get things cheap

I can do a 160GB sata for $55. This goes for anyone here. Also have a few sticks of memory left over from upgrading people’s computers… check the misc for sale forum.

beck, don canbuild you one, hit him up.

buy haners used parts, he’s the fucking man

:tspry::tspry::tspry::tspry::tspry::tspry::tspry:

e-machine. (and no i’m not joking)

e-machines are great for 90% of what he is going to be doing… but if he is serious about photoshop or any other powerful editing software, it will puke.

Who Says you need a 3.0ghz P4 to get the job done?

Tweaking plays a major role in speed,I basically have nothing running in the background.I dont run an antivirus,firewall or anything.I do a periodic online virus scan,but thats it.

What are the specs of your current computer?

Everything i’ve thrown at my little XP-1700 has handled it quite well.I do photochopping now and then and I play CS.No slowdowns or waiting for shit to load.Lots of ebay,digital camera stuff.MP3’s too.The only way i’d get something from dell is if it was dirt cheap,with massive discount codes.

if u want a computer that is actually worth your money and worth buying in general…go to the frigg’n apple store…if not, have fun with viruses and pop ups and over all lame-ness :tdown: to windows

if ur gonna want to save money and get a built one, give me a call, there is a guy down the street that does it

lol… mac users are silly.

viruses and pop-ups only happen to those who are not prepared to deal with them proactively. The tools are available and are free… no reason not to use them.

I hate Macs. Nothing makes sense. I agree that they are great for Photoshop and they look “groovy” but other than that Apple can eat me.

i find apples to be more stable, and more secure. to each their own.

and jack, with an apple, you don’t have to proactively deal with that stuff.

^ that’s like comparing hydrogen cell cars to gasoline IC engines.

with an apple you dont have the support (user community) or the product availablity that a PC offers. I hear what your saying… but don’t say that apples aren’t virus proof or bug proof for that matter… they are more abundent in the PC world because of the # of users screwing around with them.

Last time I used a MAC for something I had to do was in 6th grade… after that it was just screwing around in the apple store in the mall.

I just hate apple.

word. dan, i think it’s time u buy a PC

i’m curious to your logic on that one…

the only reason i could see buying a PC is for gaming…and i have an xbox so i don’t really care about that.

adam STFU. we’ve had this argument so many times. :slight_smile:

just gaming?

their clever marketing and pastel colors have gotten to you

95% of the consumer market supports Beef, not Apples. :slight_smile:

Beef is whats for dinners… I’ve only had apples for dinner like 5-6 times.

Buy a PC, partition it and toss linux on it. There ya go. Windows when you want things intuitive and easy, Linux for those paranoid days when you want uber security and stability, and no gay pastel colors. :tup:

(Mandrake is my linux distro of choice, very user friendly.)